What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its alright, nothing amazing.

1395967853975.jpg

What??? That means in a week the ghost of kbs will flow through with out me seeing it lol

"I want to be smart as a horse and hung like Einstein"

Yea, random surprise. Not trying to chase it down since I'm flying out tomorrow morning on vacation. Saw some places post pictures and say it was gone already, 15 min, lines before the truck even got there, etc.

I made it down to the downtown Specs last Friday after making the mistake of stopping by the Specs on Kuykendahl earlier in the week. I quickly learned that all Specs are not created equal. Looks like I'm going to have to make it a a Friday afternoon tradition to go to the downtown location while I'm here.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That specs is ghetto as hell. Some specs are hit and miss for beer. Downtown keeps all the good stuff and hardly sends good stuff to outer specs. Which socks for me

Celebrating my two year anniversary of becoming a father (the first time) with a beer bottled around the time my son was born
View attachment 188976
Cheers!

A late congrats lol

Yea, random surprise. Not trying to chase it down since I'm flying out tomorrow morning on vacation. Saw some places post pictures and say it was gone already, 15 min, lines before the truck even got there, etc.

People here actually calls the distributors or basically be friend and get it. I'm getting tired of chasing these beers. Some people ask off or basically do not work and snatch all the special release up. It gets frustrating.

Having your ginger brew. Very ginger forward like ginger ale. It's good but I'll suggest a little more body/sweetness to it to balance out the sharpness of the ginger. It is a ginger brew lol

Attachments

• 1395968307726.jpg
    1395968307726.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 79
Celebrating my two year anniversary of becoming a father (the first time) with a beer bottled around the time my son was
Cheers!

Congrats! I'll be celebrating my sons first birthday in a month.

Drinking ivegot2legs KBS homebrew. It's fantastic! Thanks again for sending it. If the real KBS tastes anything like this, I must have some.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395969651.016810.jpg

In honor of our brothers lost in Boston, I am having an Enjoy By from Stone. Not Boston related, but still thinking about the poor families and friends dealing with the tragedy.

Having your ginger brew. Very ginger forward like ginger ale. It's good but I'll suggest a little more body/sweetness to it to balance out the sharpness of the ginger. It is a ginger brew lol

Yea it was supposed to be something that my wife might enjoy. Was going for more ginger ale than beer. It was basically half brown sugar, half DME with a sh*t ton of ginger, some lemon zest and cayenne.

Wife still didn't like it in the end, but I think it goes down pretty easy, haha.

The ginger flavor has actually mellowed out a bit since it was fresh.

Semi aged Amarillo IPA. Some bottles are livelier than others. Drinking from a snifter helps. Unless my senses are just are livelier. Gotta bout a sixer of it left. Had a Schlafly Pumpkin 2012 also, pretty nice and I like em better aged thought it was harshly cinnamon last year so I let those sit to see if they would mellow, they did a little bit not enough yet. It was a little overhyped IMO but still pretty good.

Yea it was supposed to be something that my wife might enjoy. Was going for more ginger ale than beer. It was basically half brown sugar, half DME with a sh*t ton of ginger, some lemon zest and cayenne.

Wife still didn't like it in the end, but I think it goes down pretty easy, haha.

The ginger flavor has actually mellowed out a bit since it was fresh.

It does go down easy. I didn't know it was just that. Lol for what it is, it was good. Going to try your others soon. Make sure you let me know when you try my hb. I don't want to miss what you think about it. Especially the Brett saison and the mead

It does go down easy. I didn't know it was just that. Lol for what it is, it was good. Going to try your others soon. Make sure you let me know when you try my hb. I don't want to miss what you think about it. Especially the Brett saison and the mead

Yea, I might do an AG version, but the first one was good for what it is. I think the ginger and lemon hides any potential off flavors. They're all on untappd under River St Alewerks.

I'll def let you know when I try yours. Gonna be offline for the next week or so, then back in business.

Yea, I might do an AG version, but the first one was good for what it is. I think the ginger and lemon hides any potential off flavors. They're all on untappd under River St Alewerks.

I'll def let you know when I try yours. Gonna be offline for the next week or so, then back in business.

No rush. Just do not want to miss what you think. Need some feed back.

What happened?

Buried hatchet is awesome.

Well i was doing a 5 gallon batch but ive been used to 6 lately, so i sparged up to 8 gallons instead of 7 preboil. Gravity was really low, obviously, so i had to add 2 cups DME. Itll be beer though, just pisses me off. Plus a buddy was over so I wasnt as focused on the brew as I should have been. He showed up after the mash, so its still all on me. Just a non-enjoyable brew session. I will stick to weekend morning brews.

Latest posts

Back