What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coldcrash said:
Yeah so was I. Was not what I was expecting at all though. Cloyingly sweet. Maybe I just opened it at the wrong time, definitely not a summer afternoon beer. Probably better to drink in the colder months with some stinky cheese to cut through all the sweetness. But that could be just me.

Now drinking this. Much happier. :)

I'm expecting sweet based on what others have said. I haven't had a beer yet that I thought was too sweet, but we'll see what happens when I open that one...

Gandhilicious, bishes.

image-511536815.jpg

My Calypso Cascade Ardennes BIPA. I'm probably going to get ripped off this stuff today while sitting on the front porch with my shirt off and make weird comments to pedestrians.

:drunk:

Remmy said:
Gandhilicious, bishes.

Alright, you're cut off. You're wasted! Go ahead and send me your Ghandi. I won't send anything in return, but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing I'm drinking Ghandi. Well, I'll actually have the satisfaction. But you'll have the joy of sharing NEBCO. Well, actually I'll have the joy of you sharing NEBCO. But, you'll feel something, just not sure what yet. :p

My Calypso Cascade Ardennes BIPA. I'm probably going to get ripped off this stuff today while sitting on the front porch with my shirt off and make weird comments to pedestrians.

:drunk:
I'm about 20 years ahead of you. bwahahahhahaa!!! brbrbrrbllplplplptttt! hahhaa!! ahhhh! err.. ahem.

that got odd fast.

Drinking a quad and cleaning up.

80+ gallons chilled and pitched. Had a final 5 minute boil over on my 2nd keggle while I was adding hops to the other 2. Dad managed to forget his 5 minute motueka addition in one of his keggles, the top up batch will take care of that well enough though.

But for 3 brewers and multiple keggles, mash tuns and timers going off all over the place we hit our 1.063 target on the button. 5 hours to fill a barrel? I'll take it.

WesleyS said:
Alright, you're cut off. You're wasted! Go ahead and send me your Ghandi. I won't send anything in return, but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing I'm drinking Ghandi. Well, I'll actually have the satisfaction. But you'll have the joy of sharing NEBCO. Well, actually I'll have the joy of you sharing NEBCO. But, you'll feel something, just not sure what yet. :p

SWTF?

Gandhi!!!!! I still have more. Slapped!!!!

NIZZLE said:
Today’s hipster beating.

Today, I saw Quaid vapidly staring into his MacBook at the $7.00 a cup coffee shop as he waited for his allowance check from Michigan to clear so he could buy cruelty-free cilantro at the over-priced farmers market. So I dragged him by his jaw to the bathroom and unclogged the toilet with his plunger-shaped body. End of story.

Hahaha Pretty good one, but i like the one about the civil war soldier the ramones band member and the brawny man on estrogen pills. Website is back for last couple weeks. Funny stuff!! Especially if you are from the boros.

Party with the lady's family. Rocked yuengling for a while and just kicked it up a little

image-1109407843.jpg

Problem with that is fermented fruit doesn't taste like "real fruit"

NG doesn't use artificial fruit flavors. They use real fruit and it's fermented.

The difference between an NG fruit beer and and other real fruit beers is residual sugar. They make sweet/tart fruit beers. Raspberry Tart's FG is around 1.030. The high FG is intentional. They stop the yeast before it attains a natural FG. When you drink them, it doesn't taste like beer. It tastes like flawless fruit juice that gives you a buzz.

I'm not a fan of sweet beers except for fruit beers. Dry fruit beers taste good to me only IF they are soured.

Name a few fruit beers that are "better" than anything NG makes. I've probably drank it and will be happy to disagree with you. :)

NG doesn't use artificial fruit flavors. They use real fruit and it's fermented.

The difference between an NG fruit beer and and other real fruit beers is residual sugar. They make sweet/tart fruit beers. Raspberry Tart's FG is around 1.030. The high FG is intentional. They stop the yeast before it attains a natural FG. When you drink them, it doesn't taste like beer. It tastes like flawless fruit juice that gives you a buzz.

I'm not a fan of sweet beers except for fruit beers. Dry fruit beers taste good to me only IF they are soured.

Name a few fruit beers that are "better" than anything NG makes. I've probably drank it and will be happy to disagree with you. :)

I won't argue it's a bad beer because I don't like it, but you can't say it's fermented and then point out that they stop the fermentation. That would make it sort of fermented at best.

Speaking of fruit beers, time for a post nap Berliner. Blackberry this is. Sweet it is not.

image-282540967.jpg

I like fruit beers but rather would have em dry.
And what Gabe pointed out

an·ni·hi·late (-n-lt)
v. an·ni·hi·lat·ed, an·ni·hi·lat·ing, an·ni·hi·lates
v.tr.
a. To destroy completely: The naval force was annihilated during the attack.
b. To reduce to nonexistence.
c. To defeat decisively; vanquish.
2. To nullify or render void; abolish.
v.intr. Physics
To participate in annihilation, as an electron and a positron do.
[Late Latin annihilre, annihilt- : Latin ad-, ad- + Latin nihil, nothing; see ne in Indo-European roots.]
an·nihi·la·bili·ty (-l-bl-t) n.
an·nihi·la·ble (-l-bl) adj.
an·nihi·lator n.

Back