Hello from Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Fred and I have been lurking this forum for a wee bit. I have (and my wife as well) been wanting draft beer at home for some time. You would not want to see the amount of bottles that leave this house in a week!

Tonight I just purchased a 12.8cft chest freezer! For starters I will be building a small bar in my basement, and am hoping to be able to serve 4 draft beers at once. My intention is to get the bar setup with 3 or 4 micro brews.... Once I am comfortable with how this all works, my wife and I are going to start brewing our own :) It seems that good beer is getting harder to find here in Terre(ble) Haute :(

I will be lurking about more now that we are taking 'the next step' and can not wait to brew the first batch (I think my wife may be even more excited!).

One thing I have noticed is the willingness of member to offer help and opinions to others, and I think that is what makes a great community...

Thanks in advance for answering all of the questions (some silly, I am sure).

Fred

I vote you just jump into making beer right away - it will be cheaper than buying kegs of micro brews (most of which you probably will need very different equipment to set up for kegging). Take a look around the DIY and Kegging/Bottling section for ideas of what other people have done.

You did the right thing by coming here first before diving too far in, people are friendly and know their shiit

Welcome fellow Hoosier! Dont worry, we will have you knee deep in your own brews in no time.

Hi all, thanks for the warm reception! I am picking up my freezer today, and will start laying out my bar. My wife and I are really excited about homebrew.

I know you all would like me to jump right in, but after the cost of the bar build.. I am not sure how soon it will be before we get to purchase a brew kit.

Fred

Back