20 gallon fermenter.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta be careful with those things. They use gamma lids. It's a 2-piece lid and must be cleaned methodically. The rim has a gap on the inside that can harbor uglies. Plus the are impossible to pick up when full.

A few online shops where selling those very things with a spigot on the bottom and an airlock and a gromment on the lid. This is one using the 22 gsllon vv

http://www.eckraus.com/TT220.html#

TT220LG.jpg

There a few threads on here about them as well.

Bottom line, yes it's doable as a fermenter.

can i pull the rim off the container with out doing any damage? I did silicone the outside of it to seal the escaping co2 i was thinking about looking for some food safe silicone to seal the inside of the rim to keep from getting junk stuck and then having problems down the road.
any sugesstions?

It's a good seal. Don't need to silicone the inside. There is a gasket on the rim. The rim is removable and they sell spare gaskets if needed. Just make sure you clean it well. Use an air lock brush or something like that, then give it a good squirt...

yea the cap sealed well but i did a batch of blond ale 2 weeks ago i pitched the yeast before i went to bed and the next morning there was nothing showing in the air lock so i un threaded the top and looked in. the krousen was high so i ran a good bead of silicone around the outside of the rim. once i did that I immediately had bubbling in the air lock after a hour of watching for any air forcing its way through the fresh silicone I left it alone.

I'd love to use larger fermentors like that. my problem is large batches has to be carried into the basement in 5g. buckets one at a time.

A few online shops where selling those very things with a spigot on the bottom and an airlock and a gromment on the lid. This is one using the 22 gsllon vv

http://www.eckraus.com/TT220.html#

TT220LG.jpg

There a few threads on here about them as well.

Bottom line, yes it's doable as a fermenter.

$96.35 for one of those? Damn that is expensive. We stock them but dont sell them online. They weigh 3 pounds but I would have to pay for 30 pounds shipping it to customers. May reconsider.

Forrest

nice. I got mine from amazon for 51 something and next day delivery for 3.95 it was worth the extra couple dollars.

Back