weak scoby?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electrake

Reaction score
Been about two weeks since I started this lil fella. I suppose any progress is good progress?

20151010_152742.jpg

First SCOBY's from an initial culture and no established mother can be really thin. I would call the first batch a wash (or drink it, whatever) that is being used to whip up a good healthy starter mother. Soon, depending on how much you plan on making, you'll be up to your ears in big thick zoogleal mats, you'll be playing disc golf with them.

Ended up drinkin it today, 3 weeks after starting. well, not all of it, but it turned out fantastic. Used a large glass for two more starters and gave the mother some more "juice" as well. long brew day...

I have read the Kombucha, like lemon juice creates a higher ph in the body. Even though it has a low ph, the body's processing of it puts it in the alkaline food column....

Anyone read anything different than that....?

Although acidic, the synergism of digestion kombucha becomes an alkaline forming food. Foods may be classified in relation to the metabolic process as acid alkaline. Alkali's are soluble salts and acids are corrosive agents which have trouble combining with other things. ... However there is no absolute acid or alkaline.
alkaline acid balance - Happy Herbalist
https://www.happyherbalist.com/alkaline-acid-balance/

Latest posts

Back