Hello from Kansas City!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire Me Boy!

Reaction score
Got interested in home brewing while researching a home brew setup for my sister-in-law. The more I read, the more I was intrigued.

And I'll admit upfront... I'm a bad newbie. My setup is a Mr. Beer.

That being said, I read a lot before I started and barely follow the directions from Mr. Beer, it was mainly just a way to start and find out if I was interested in continuing the hobby.

Well, I'm one batch in (just put two more batches in the fermenters) and I'm liking the results so far. The Canadian Lite was better than any domestic beer I've had, so that was a positive experience.

I figure to do a few more beers in the Mr. Beer and then move on to a better setup, but I have to justify to the wife the expense on the Mr. Beer, so c'est la vie.

Anyway, glad to have found you and I'm looking forward to learning a lot!

Yeah, from what I have read, forget the instructions that come with the Mr. Beer kit. Glad you got started and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to HBT!
I've not used Mr. Beer but from what I read, the instructions are not quite "right". However, I think you can make good beer in it if you follow good beer making techniques and use better ingredients (no table sugar).

In any case, have fun making and drinking your beer!

Nurmey said:
Welcome to HBT!
I've not used Mr. Beer but from what I read, the instructions are not quite "right". However, I think you can make good beer in it if you follow good beer making techniques and use better ingredients (no table sugar).

In any case, have fun making and drinking your beer!
That was the first thing I learned even before I bought the thing! Used corn sugar for the first go-round.

Back