White Flakes Floating in my secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcuri1

Reaction score
I opened up my secondary to rack to my keg and there were these white flakes floating on top of my IPA! I dry hopped with pellet hops for about a month and didn't notice this prior to dry hopping. It tastes, smells, and looks clear. Is there anything to worry about?

I noticed that there was a slight increase in gravity (.002) from secondary to keg! Could it be yeast activity?

Without pictures we can't really tell, but I am going to cast my vote for "yeast rafts" colonies of yeast buoyed up by co2...

It is the most common "panic" that many brewers discover in secondary..pretty common and all is well..

By the way, you are in the wrong section of the forum....this section is for annoucnements about the forum....

:mug:

I'm voting for botulism*. I've also been drinking :mug:

*b!tchslaps Pappers*

You know you're not supposed to utter the b word..even sarcastically, you know how scared the noobs can be about **** like that....and think that is really possible...:D

Call it zombie virus or something more plausible. ;)

*b!tchslaps Pappers*

You know you're not supposed to utter the b word..even sarcastically, you know how scared the noobs can be about **** like that....and think that is really possible...:D

Call it zombie virus or something more plausible. ;)

Ok ok - one of the reasons people began drinking fermented beverages is because it made the water safe to drink, from bad icky things like the "b" word.

Can I use the p* word?

*rhymes with vague

Latest posts

Back