I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LabRatBrewer said:
It does make the housework seem like less of a chore.

Yeah, it's probably easier to do that stuff after you've dressed, done hair and makeup, and taken a few mother's little helpers! LOL.
After some consideration, all that seems a fun way to pretend one is an actor in a play, and to be the best actor would be the most harmonious way to live. But I'm not buying it! Those ladies were getting down before the Mr. got home for dinner!

BobbiLynn said:
I'm back on the farm since Tuesday and had to go back to the doctor's today and now have to go back again on Friday. Chickens have not been cared for, they are "free-range" now. All 21 of them are still here and look healthy. They all gathered around me tweet-tweeting when I walked into the yard. Then all followed me onto the porch. They really got big. And saw my dog, he loves the chickens. Might even think he is a chicken, he goes around with them scratching at the ground, looking for food. I saw him eat a worm just so the chickens couldn't have it. Hubby is okay, but he's not eating right. But, family has gotten him to drink those Ensure nutrition drinks.

After my doctor appointment tomorrow, I may take off with another friend for the weekend. I am not sick, well, maybe mentally I am a little sick. But, just stressed out. Makes me mad when people say, "oh, you need to get help!" Well, either be the one to try and help me or shut your f*cking mouth. I'll head back to Gainesville, the city, next week. Crops are looking good and I'll be back in here in 2-3 weeks to start harvesting. I have lined up friends to help. I'll pay them so much per pound to pick, then sell at my own prices. Family can't run this farm properly without me.

Good to hear from you, Bobbi! I like the way you're going about your business. Sounds right to me. Keep tabs and just see how well things can go while you take care of Bobbi.

Ha! It's a little weirder than that, but variety is the spice of life, no? :)

Couldn't agree more. When the kids explore something new, I think it is important to just observe and offer non-judgmental advice when requested. I can still have an opinion and share it in an appropriate venue (like the bar), but just throwing out a knee jerk reaction to the kids will be treated as disrespectful, which it really is.

I've always been a night owl and when the two older ones would come home late, we would have 10-15 minutes of what at first seemed like idle chit-chat, but turned out to be one of the best ways of finding out what was important to them and what was going on in their lives. Just amazing stuff would come out.

opus345 said:
Couldn't agree more. When the kids explore something new, I think it is important to just observe and offer non-judgmental advice when requested. I can still have an opinion and share it in an appropriate venue (like the bar), but just throwing out a knee jerk reaction to the kids will be treated as disrespectful, which it really is.

I've always been a night owl and when the two older ones would come home late, we would have 10-15 minutes of what at first seemed like idle chit-chat, but turned out to be one of the best ways of finding out what was important to them and what was going on in their lives. Just amazing stuff would come out.

Our most meaningful conversations were what I'd call drucken porch talks. I work second shift, and usually my two girls, and sometimes my son, would hang outside while I had a couple beers after work. Many, many, times this included the kids' friends as well.
They still love it in their 20's.
I'm totally amazed by what we share during these talks. I'm abnormally reticent, and these kids are so open about everything! My youngest will ask me about my dating situation, has left me condoms (!!), and is so much a great person.

Now that she's grown and has her own child, we have such a helpful, symbiotic relationship. It's really awesome. Crazy. Wonderful.

Good to hear from you, Bobbi! I like the way you're going about your business. Sounds right to me. Keep tabs and just see how well things can go while you take care of Bobbi.

Yes, I have to keep myself separated from the turmoil. Try to be an outsider looking in, keep perspective. My son is helping me a lot with this. He's a damn smart kid. He said something like... if you are worried about something, think, can I do something about it? If yes, then do something about it! If no, then you can't do anything about it, so don't worry about it, nothing you can do.

I'm totally amazed by what we share during these talks. I'm abnormally reticent, and these kids are so open about everything!

It's like an entire new perspective! Some kids say, my parents are so closed up, they don't understand... but a couple beers on the porch or patio with them, and you realize how much they do understand. Maybe the next generation does have a point they are trying to make.

BobbiLynn said:
It's like an entire new perspective! Some kids say, my parents are so closed up, they don't understand... but a couple beers on the porch or patio with them, and you realize how much they do understand. Maybe the next generation does have a point they are trying to make.

:mug:

The roosters are trying to crow this morning but sounds like they all have laryngitis. And my dog is out there howling with them. Kids look at the world different than us, I can't judge, they grew up in a different generation.

And most people are followers, not leaders. They need someone to tell them what to do. I wouldn't call myself a leader, but I'm definitely not a follower. The kids say I am a "free spirit". I know that in a couple weeks, berries will be here. And berries bring money. Some other family members aren't willing to open the farm as "pick your own". Too worried about people getting hurt and us getting sued. It is difficult to get out and pick without ending up bleeding. Blackberry bushes have thorns, and also snakes like to hide in the brush. When out in the deep woods, you just have to stomp your feet before moving forward, stay in one place and stomp. This scares away any snakes within a radius around you. Move to the next bush, stomp your feet on the ground, move to the next bush. Make noise, don't want to be creeping around in the deep brush. I'll make sure my berry picking crew are educated on safety.

Howdy hey, late niters. Long week. Tomorrow is gonna suck heavily too, but I'll be partying when it's over.

Here's some Johnny Cash to take you into the weekend. It's a great cover of a Nine Inch Nails song that he made just before he died. As many of you know, he was a very religious man, and in the end he was also very retrospective. I dare you to watch it and not be affected.

For your late nite soundtrack, heeeeeeere's Johnny...

Last edited by a moderator:
passedpawn said:
Howdy hey, late niters. Long week. Tomorrow is gonna suck heavily too, but I'll be partying when it's over.

Here's some Johnny Cash to take you into the weekend. It's a great cover of a Nine Inch Nails song that he made just before he died. As many of you know, he was a very religion man, and in the end he was also very retrospective. I dare you to watch it and not be affected.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McV7pjwVFbE

Thanks for that. I've heard both versions many times, but never seen that video before.

Here's some Johnny Cash to take you into the weekend. It's a great cover of a Nine Inch Nails song that he made just before he died. As many of you know, he was a very religious man, and in the end he was also very retrospective. I dare you to watch it and not be affected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McV7pjwVFbE

Funny how those who have sinned so much can get so religous when they sober up. I was trying to find a good old clip of him railed on whites singing with his eyes about to shake out of his skull, but haven't yet. Apparently speed painting is a thing, as is speed tattoing, and Johnny Cash is a popular subject for it.

I may have posted this before, but it's funny!

Ok, I'm sure I have, but it cracks me up.

Sorry to pop in and out, my mind has been pre-occupied lately. Small, actually super dooper hurdle overcome today. The college in Monterey accepted my daughter as a CA resident. Amazing the price difference. Residency status cut the overall cost by 80%! Now we have to find her a place to live. Thank you Montgomery GI Bill!

Gotta go. :ban::ban::ban:

Stop. Breath. Relax. Clear your mind. Look at the world as a child would. See the possibilities. Stop seeing obstacles, start seeing opportunities.

You must have clicked on more than one Nina Hagen Video....j/k
Honestly, not my favorite. I found the sudden massive change in pitch from a single voice more dissonant then anything else. I prefer something with a smoother transition between notes.

At least when the notes are coming from a human voice.

Honestly, not my favorite. I found the sudden massive change in pitch from a single voice more dissonant then anything else. I prefer something with a smoother transition between notes.

At least when the notes are coming from a human voice.

Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline

She's a love or hate...I was replying b/c of the "Clear your mind. Look at the world as a child would. See the possibilities. " comment. If you watch her very off the wall artistic songs...opera to hard punk, performance art, anti-Communist agitator...etc...she shows lots of possibilities. Very pre-Gaga...maybe this one?...a near semi-hit from the 80's.

She's a love or hate...I was replying b/c of the "Clear your mind. Look at the world as a child would. See the possibilities. " comment. If you watch her very off the wall artistic songs...opera to hard punk, performance art, anti-Communist agitator...etc...she shows lots of possibilities. Very pre-Gaga...maybe this one?...a near semi-hit from the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZPpY_67NTc
Hmm, I liked that better. A very odd artist though.

Hmm, I liked that better. A very odd artist though.

Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman

Bear with me...its the rice wine... I swear (lie) I'll leave the early 80's...but check me on this...here is the English version of the same song...It was 20 years before I figured out that Nina Hagen was not Lene Lovich...and then only because they did a duet.

Hmm. I'm drinking my second batch ever. It's fermented cherry limeade. I never did get gravity readings on it. I have to say it's improved almost out of recognition from the original batch. The first batch was sort of moldy smelling and tasting and horribly sweet. It's still got an earthy flavor, but no mold aroma. It's also dried out a fair bit. Still on the sweet side, but not bad. I'm really surprised it's actually good now.

It's really interesting to think that I've been brewing just a little less then a year. My brew now is 100 times better then when I started. I've also made a lot of different things, run a lot of different experiments. Learned how to take good brewing notes. The differences in that time are truly extreme. I wonder how things will be in another year.

I'm late to the party and to tired to say up. I haven't had time to check out all the great posts and tunes the last few days but will tomorrow. Long day today and a very good one.

Driving back from the coast earlier, a song kept playing through my head. I hadn't really thought of this song in awhile. Pappy, played some of JD's music the other day. I guess this very nice day and that music all just came together on the drive home.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend my friends!

A quick shout out to current, ex, and fallen Service men and women. This one is in honor of you and all that you do!

My homebrewed, soured Wild Berry Rye Saison...

Cheers!

IMG-20130524-00850.jpg

Happy Memorial Day Weekend my friends!

A quick shout out to current, ex, and fallen Service men and women. This one is in honor of you and all that you do!

My homebrewed, soured Wild Berry Rye Saison...

Cheers!

Well said Mike! If I could triple "like" that post would do but, since I can't how about some bananas :ban::ban::ban:

I did something out of character today. Started a thread on the Debate forum. I generally avoid that place like the plague. It was a very long first post sprinkled with links and my opinions on the current status of the USA. I was about to hit submit and then read through the preamble of the Constitution. Way better men said what I was trying to say much better.

So instead of hitting submit I chickened out and moved on. I will say one thing here that I said there before I deleted everything.

Many people, Americans and our Allies gave their life so their children could pursue life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness and freedom from tyranny. This Memorial Day, even more than before, let us remember the sacrifices they made to give us that freedom. Especially at this time in America’s history!

Well said Mike! If I could triple "like" that post would do but, since I can't how about some bananas :ban::ban::ban:

I did something out of character today. Started a thread on the Debate forum. I generally avoid that place like the plague. It was a very long first post sprinkled with links and my opinions on the current status of the USA. I was about to hit submit and then read through the preamble of the Constitution. Way better men said what I was trying to say much better.

So instead of hitting submit I chickened out and moved on. I will say one thing here that I said there before I deleted everything.

Many people, Americans and our Allies gave their life so their children could pursue life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness and freedom from tyranny. This Memorial Day, even more than before, let us remember the sacrifices they made to give us that freedom. Especially at this time in America’s history!

Very well said on your part too Dan!

Have a great weekend, and thank you for your past service my friend!

I'm late to the party and to tired to say up. I haven't had time to check out all the great posts and tunes the last few days but will tomorrow. Long day today and a very good one.

Driving back from the coast earlier, a song kept playing through my head. I hadn't really thought of this song in awhile. Pappy, played some of JD's music the other day. I guess this very nice day and that music all just came together on the drive home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybeke7_d1zE

That brings back some memories. When my daughter was around 3 or 4, that was our song. I had a JD casette and she would make me rewind that one over and over on car trips.

That brings back some memories. When my daughter was around 3 or 4, that was our song. I had a JD casette and she would make me rewind that one over and over on car trips.

Children sometimes see things more clearly than adults. Their minds aren't clouded.

Cheers Ischiavo! Happy Memorial Day weekend my friend!

Dan, you have many fine qualities and equally a fine voice and opinion, as you posted many from this amazing country and abroad have given so much. Our forefathers put forth the right to speak and be heard. So speak your mind and it's one of the best things about this land is the freedom of opinion.

Please don't take this as insulting I believe many on here would enjoy what you have to say I like many of the posts and threads that you have made fear not and enjoy the freedom.

Thanks brother. :mug:

Any big plans this weekend Mike?

You're welcome Dan!

Nothing big planned. Just relaxing with a few rare beers I've been sitting on in my cellar (I don't really have a cellar, but it sounds cool.), and barbequing with the family at some point.

Children sometimes see things more clearly than adults. Their minds aren't clouded.

Cheers Ischiavo! Happy Memorial Day weekend my friend!

Happy Memorial Day weekend to you as well Dan! Luckily, I have never lost anyone close to me to war. My Father and Grandfather always took the day very seriously as they both lost a lot of friends. I go to the parade and cemetary every year to show my respects because I could see how they felt. I hope my kids will only know the day as I do.

Happy memorial day! Cheers! Just today I was sitting and thinking about how free I feel. Without people like Dan and our other servicemen and women, I wouldn't have these freedoms, my kids wouldn't have these freedoms... Thanks!

I'm back on the farm but spent the day in town. It was eventful, too much to try and get into. A very good day.

Back