Show us your cider in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First 8.5 gallons of 35 currently bubbling.

image-3841729411.jpg

First one is 1 gallon test batch of Apple-Pomegranate cider that started last night. Second one is 5 gallons of apple cider made from Whole Food unfiltered AJ, right after I moved it over to the secondary. Hope it clears :-/

J.S.

1374171_452517671532644_849117481_n.jpg

1184858_451233438327734_1460118885_n.jpg

Those apples were leftover from a fresh ration delivery we got on exercise. We sliced off the stickers after washing

Ginger peach apple cider my brew buddy and I made a little over a year ago. Cleared up well, the slight haze is from drunk pouting a bottle conditioned brew.

image-1494063868.jpg

ForumRunner_20131021_134156.jpg

ForumRunner_20131021_134056.jpg

ForumRunner_20131021_134113.jpg

1st-cider flowing off the press
2nd-Orange Cox Pippin waiting to be sorted
3rd-Wild Golden Delicious waiting to be sorted
4th-Crushed apples before pressing

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131021_134141.png
    ForumRunner_20131021_134141.png
    351.5 KB · Views: 766
Clearing nicely after 1 week in secondary. Happy with the result since I started with an unfiltered juice.

J.S.

1390533_453924094725335_1708534455_n.jpg

Asian pear mead with wyeast sweet mead, pear cider d47, pear blackberry w/nottingham and two apples, one with nottingham, one with d47. One gallon with dry champagne yeast. This was leftover from the batch of nonalcoholic sparkling cider i made for the kids.

Made 30 bottles of sparkling cider not pictured. bottle pasteurized once proper carbonation was achieved.

ForumRunner_20131022_093824.jpg

My first go at Cider. Should be ready to bottle this weekend. It has cleared way more since the picture. This was taken right after racking. Now I'm wishing I made way more because it tastes good.

From This

m1160043_PCAppleCider_EN.jpg

To This

20131023_183622.jpg

These are my 3 ciders for this year. 5 gallons of hand pressed cider straight, 3 gallons of holiday harvest with cinnamon, clove, vanilla, & orange peel. 1 gallon experimental pineapple cider. All will be backsweetened with frozen conzentrate and then pasteurized after bottle conditioning.

ForumRunner_20131026_200501.jpg

I'm curious of the Brett guy will tell me how long he is going to let his ciders age? I started my first Brett cider, I was thinking 3 months to let the Brett grow and do its funky thing.

Tarzanchuck said:
Asian pear mead with wyeast sweet mead, pear cider d47, pear blackberry w/nottingham and two apples, one with nottingham, one with d47. One gallon with dry champagne yeast. This was leftover from the batch of nonalcoholic sparkling cider i made for the kids. Made 30 bottles of sparkling cider not pictured. bottle pasteurized once proper carbonation was achieved.
Love the cat...the bubbles must drive it crazy

wizdumb1 said:
My first go at Cider. Should be ready to bottle this weekend. It has cleared way more since the picture. This was taken right after racking. Now I'm wishing I made way more because it tastes good. From This To This
I get great results from the PC brand juice. Even better than from what I get at a local apple farm...

I get great results from the PC brand juice. Even better than from what I get at a local apple farm...

It is real good! I was going to follow the recipe for Ed wort's apflewine but went with brown sugar to boost it to 1.060. I added cinnamon also but I think I should have done it differently because I don't taste much of it. End result is very dry and a little sour but I like the taste. It almost tastes more like a wine. I ended up bottling it yesterday to carb and might just sweeten it a little after I pour since I don't want to risk blowing bottles trying to pasteurize it.

What i did notice is after I drank the half glass left over from bottling I get a slight headache. Fermented at 55f steady using D47 wine yeast. A glass of water and the headache went away so maybe I just didn't drink enough water. Guess I'll find out later on when it's ready to drink.

3 gallons of strawberry-kiwi cider and 5 of a ginger apple cider. I have another 5 in an ale pale of a pineapple apple cider, but who want to see a big white bucket.

ForumRunner_20131028_211917.png

Yes, thank you for replying. I'm new to brett in cider. I'll add my brett ciders smell amazing vim so excited to try them, but I know age will make them better. Looking forward to Spring!

The left is Edworts Apfelwien. The right is a blueberry/ Pomagranate cider.

Ive made beer and Wine. These ciders look good to me and my hydrometer isnt moving. Does anyone think they will clear more?

20131104_094015.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392950683.693178.jpg

Left to right: tart cherry blood orange cider, coffee mead, strawberry rhubard cider pitched with roselaire.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392950779.864078.jpg

Pineapple and amber agave cider- Oaked with medium toast and secondary on crystallized piña.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392950855.156357.jpg

Rasberry strawberry cider fermented with Nottingham and berlinerweiss dregs with chamomile and hibiscus added during secondary - this one needs some serious aging.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392950962.293976.jpg

Left to right: hard cider with half fresh squeezed juice from Granny Smith and a half pound of fresh red currant juice - my high abv cider. Came out very sweet. Then a blueberry vanilla cider that was very promising but I added too much vanilla in the end - stupid me.

Any chance of getting recipes for these?? In particular the rhubarb cider and the strawberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Any chance of getting recipes for these?? In particular the rhubarb cider and the strawberry.

The strawberry rhubarb cider is as follows for one gallon - scale to whatever you wanna do:

Take 2lbs of fresh strawberries, sliced, and 2lbs of fresh rhubarb, sliced like celery, and place them in enough cider to cover, in a pot. Add your Pectic enzyme (amount based on size batch), add your wine tannin, nutrients, and I also add half pound of malto dextrin at this point as well. Let this mixture simmer, not boil, for 10min. Then blend. This is where she got messy, you wanna strain out the fibrous solids in the now blended mixture. However you wanna do it is up to you, I used a fine mesh strainer knowing I would later rack off of te settled particulates and top off with more apple juice. So, continuing on, place the now strained juice in the vessel of your choice, top off with apple juice - I use martinellis, and shake the crap out of it too aerate (roselaire is a souring blend of various microbes, some of which require a solid oxygen base). Pitch your roselaire starter and cover with a air lock. My batch did not have any real activity over the first 3 days as expected so I eventually pitched a little Nottingham. This is not to say that nothing happened however, those microbes got a chance to gain their footing before the Nottingham brought the alchohol.

Let this ferment at room temp and rack when your particulates have settled out. Then rack again once you have a solid layer of lees. Mine is still sitting in secondary but from samples I have tasted there is a nice sour taste with a surprisingly solid nose of strawberry. Something I thought would have been stripped. Great color too...good luck! Ps, bought my roselaire on amazon.

Oh and in the first picture, you can see this is a couple days before I racked for the first time. You get the idea

9vwYsl7.jpg

My twin ciders. Both of these are identical. My initial plan was to ferment dry and then later combine them into a larger carboy so I can backsweeten with fresh cider. Now I'm debating about keeping them separate: maybe dry hopping one and backsweetening the other.

Are those extras: tannin, nutrients, malto... Really needed??

Bottled: Ice cider, cinnamon Apple jack , a Cyser, Molasses and Brown Sugar. In the background secondary, Burnt Honey ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393297131.111849.jpgp

Back