Wyeast Private Collection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet I have been wondering about that, any info on what to expect out of the Flanders Golden ale? I will be using that Saison strain for sure.

any info on what to expect out of the Flanders Golden ale?

Gotcha covered on that, too:

I emailed Brian Perkey about that strain in particular, and he described it as being a monster attenuator. Nice and dry, big fruit ester with apple/pear notes and a pronounced phenol to balance. He's unsure of the specific brewery/brand but says the probable city of origin is Ertwelde.

Sounds like this strain is going to be a winner, for sure.

:mug:

Gotcha covered on that, too:

I emailed Brian Perkey about that strain in particular, and he described it as being a monster attenuator. Nice and dry, big fruit ester with apple/pear notes and a pronounced phenol to balance. He's unsure of the specific brewery/brand but says the probable city of origin is Ertwelde.

Sounds like this strain is going to be a winner, for sure.

:mug:

Awesome, gonna make me a Flanders Red next month!

So is the Flanders Golden Ale a Brett mix?

I don't think so. I did a quick search and thought it might. After reading a little more, doesn't seem to be.

I do plan on a Flanders Red sometime soon. I had an Ommegang Rouge last weekend and loved it. Never really cared for the sours before this one.

What's the characteristics of your yeast?

This is form an older thread,
CL50 is a brewtek yeast as previously mentioned:

CL50 California Pub Ale
74-76% apparent attenuation • medium flocculation • 60-70°F fermentation range

Classic American small-brewery flavor.
Leaves big, soft, well-rounded malt flavor.
Threshold diacetyl and ester support the silky profile, even in well-hopped beers.
Good for American red and pale ales.

Back