Small white particles in bottle..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storm76

Reaction score
The 13 of May i bottled my Coopers Mexican Cerveza, it has been fermenting on the bottles at 68* F since, i will let them be in that temp for 1,5 week more.. Yesterday i wanted to try a bottle and when i took many of the bottles up into the light i where many small particles in the bottle.

I poured a bottle of beer in a glass and it was small white particles..

So my question is are my beer infected? Or is this just yeast?

Sorry but i don`t have a camera to take a picture of it..

It tastes ok, the reason i ask is because the beer was clear when i bottled it and it turned to this the last days..

dont know? did you chill them? lit them chill in the fridge the longer they sit the cleaner they will get - if its yeast.

Hi there,
I stumbled on this thread since I too have the same brew bottled with coopers carbonation drops, I used a clearing agent which was just gelatine dissolved in hot water and added to the primary. The bottles have been conditioning now for 2 weeks and have the same little white particles and dusting on the upper region of the bottles, I cracked a bottle today and it seemed fine.. I think it's just the yeast settling out.

Back