Help me figure out how much my brewing equipment is worth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp1316

Reaction score
So in a few months I will be selling my house and moving in to a studio apartment which unfortunately means I will need to get rid of all of my brewing supplies...and trust me a I have amassed a huge inventory of brewing equipment. Since I have sooo much stuff I need some help figuring out what a fair price would be to sell it. Here's the link to my brewing equipment pictures with details about most of my equipment - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jp1316/sets/72157629095557194/. The main thing is obviously the Brew Magic. I don't want to piece it all out, so please help me come up with a fair total price for everything. Thanks!

Otherwise people would have to open it and close it all of the time. After buying the brew magic and everything else I saved a little bit by just using picnic faucets instead of perlicks.

I gotta say, this is the most tragic thread I think I've ever laid eyes on.

At the very least, could you keep the BM at a friend's place??

Sorry, dude...

Yeah selling this stuff is pretty painful. I am selling my house along with my brewing equipment because I am moving to Hawaii later this year...so storing it at a friends place won't really help me and unfortunately I can't really bring it all with me.

seeing your sweet setup I have no ideal why you are moving to HI but you might have to reconsider

I spent about 9k on everything, but then again I used all of it a ton of times. How about 7k? I think that seems pretty good...Approximately $4000 for the bm, around 1k for the plate chiller and the conical, around 1k for the sink and fermentation chamber and then around 1k for the kegerator and misc items.

I spent about 9k on everything, but then again I used all of it a ton of times. How about 7k? I think that seems pretty good...Approximately $4000 for the bm, around 1k for the plate chiller and the conical, around 1k for the sink and fermentation chamber and then around 1k for the kegerator and misc items.

I'm not in the market.

IMO, you need to price used stuff at about half the price of new. Otherwise, people will just buy the new and get the warrantee, plus they don't have to deal with the risk of buying something form you that might be defective. I know, it's not defective, but there's risk there. Good luck, and I hope I see you in the islands some day.

Hopefully some folks in HI will chime in. That stuff may be worth a a good bit more there, if you can get it on a slow boat. Something to think about. I had some foreign friends in college and the shipped stuff home thru a consolidator, don't know what the cost was but many were on a buying spree the last few months they were here.

And maybe you can meet a new Hawaiian brew buddy

Latest posts

Back