Water Profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFL3377

Reaction score
A helpful water quality manager gave me a link to my brewing water. Anyone in West Linn, Oregon, the South Service Area is our water. So water hero's, tell me what to do to my water.

Ph 8.4, Total Alkalinity (CaC03) 23.6, Calcium 4.1, Sulfate 5.0, Chloride 12.0, Magnesium 1.0, Sodium 8.4, Hardness total 17.6

She also told me because of low water levels and other factors she expected the next report to reflect a higher PH.

http://www.crwater.com/wp-content/up...ewerReport.pdf

Any advice will be appreciated. I want to brew this week and while I have palmers book on water, I won't have time to crack it before brewing.

It's almost RO water and you can treat it as such. Lower water levels don't change the fact that it is surface water in equilibrium with air and limestone so pH should stay about the same unless there is some other source of alkali. In any case, pH isn't significant; alkalinity is so look for increased alkalinity That is somewhat low for equilibrium surface water. If it sneaks up you will get to the point where it will have to be dealt with (use of acid or colored malts or both).

Latest posts

Back