DIY - Beer Bottle Cap Table Top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASassyBeerChick83

Reaction score
Hey! Hey! Hey!

Cheers! :mug:

I am working on my first Beer Bottle Cap DIY Project! I had this table just sitting around the house that had been colored on by a precious child at some point. So, any of your feedback on my table would be great!! I am a Newbie around here and I am working on starting my first Bock Brew. :mug:
I have started a thread for any of you who would like to help a sista out - I am looking for Great Advice from Everyone! :) in the Beginners Thread. Hope to see some of you fellow long-time brewers stop on by and check it out and give me any advice! I should start fulling brewing this weekend - as this week I am finishing up grabbing my final supplies! :cross:

Any who... I started this project last week. Let's see what you guys think!

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

The first few pictures clearly show you the type of table I am working with here, peeps! :D
I used a Silver Spray Paint to cover the wooden table before I started with the Beer Caps.

Keep Reading!! I think it's only gonna get better! :cool:

Peace. Love. & Beer.
:mug:

Yo!! One more post --- I told you guys to keep reading! I wanted to show you guys what I am working with here and how far i have come since painting the table tops. :)

The first picture --- 8.jpg shows you how much my hubby and I seriously drink! :mug:

The second picture --- 9.jpg describes what the top of the table top is looking like. ;)

I started out with Super Glue - 3 bottles of only 4 oz. :mad: Then Mod Podge is not the type of adhesive to be working with metal and wood... Just not happening. :( But decided to go to the Hot Glue Route! :eek: As of now, I am currently hot gluing the bottle caps on the wooden plank.

Keep Following You Guys!!
As I work, I will drink one for you! :mug:

Peace. Love. & Beer.
:mug:

Hey Sassy- I like the idea of making a design with the caps! Check here using search and see the tables using 2 part epoxy resin. See what they're using to glue down the caps.

Exactly what I am using!! I am hot gluing everything down now.. I wanted to wait to get both levels done with beer caps before I do the Epoxy Resin...

My only question... How do I keep the resin from running off my table? Thought about using tape.. But then decided that the tape would glue to the sides anyways since Epoxy is an adhesive...

Build a dam out of wood, like pouring concrete.

In woodworking, we use "paper joints" for some temporary glue-ups. Put a piece of heavy brown paper (grocery bag) between the pieces with the wood glue - then the joint can be separated with a mallet and the remaining paper can be scraped/sanded off.

For epoxy, a similar idea could work - you're going to end up with a square edge on the resin surface anyhow from the dam, so you'll be wet-sanding it once the resin is cured. Build a frame out of some scrap wood that fits tight around the edge, lined with waxed paper.

Back