Fermenting water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pendragon

Reaction score
Has anyone tried fermenting plain water with yeast and sugar? Now that I have an empty fermenter I'm considering tinkering around with seeing what ABV% I can get like that. If it comes out around 3-5% then add a bottle of the rootbeer syrup and see how that is. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and how it might have turned out.

Survey says....Sounds like a bad idea. :) I thought that might give it an odd taste or not work well enough to be worth the effort.

Another cool thing to try is fermenting orange juice. I accidentally left an Odwalla OJ in the back of my car once for a few months during the spring. It started to ferment without my knowledge, and come summertime it blew up with the increase in temperature. Smelled awesome all over my back seat...made me want to throw up. But you should try drinking something like that, it would probably be great.

Why would you do that if you can just drink mouthwash? Oh yeah probably cheaper, proceed. ;)

Latest posts

Back