Cherry stout delimma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Add cherry flavoring??

• Keep the recipe as intended, at least youll know if you like the cherry flavoring or not.

• Fruit doesnt go in beer you pansy, leave that great beer alone!

Results are only viewable after voting.

CeJ

Reaction score
Earlier this month I brewed a cherry stout to have ready for valentines day. It was AHS's recipe that came with a little bottle of cherry flavoring that you add at bottling/kegging. I know about the controversy of cherry flavor vs real cherries causing a fake cough syrupy taste but ive never used it before and figured what the hell.

Now heres the problem. I havnt added the cherry flavoring yet and I tasted it yesterday and its AWESOME!!! Probably ranks up as one of the top beers that ive ever made. I dont know if I should add the cherry flavoring like I had previously intended or leave this great beer the way it is.

Flavor half the batch. That way you have an awesome beer and a potentially awesome different beer!

You don't have to flavor the entire batch. Just flavor at serving time when you feel like it. That way you can also adjust the intensity of flavor to whatever you feel like at the time. Just takes a drop or three.

Back