moving back to PDX!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoatFarmersInternational

Reaction score
Hey there,
I'm not actually new to HBT, I've been around for almost a year or something by now... But I'm moving back to my hometown of Portland, OR, and wanted to introduce myself to any brewers that might live in the area. I also figured that maybe somebody here has the skinny on the Portland homebrew club scene, which homebrew stores are good and which aren't so good, that sort of thing? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch,
Niles

:fro:

Oregon Brew Crew, PDX brewers, Strange Brew. I belong to OBC. They meet the second Thursday of each month at F.H. Steinbart's on 12th. I'm told it's a good shop, but it's closed by the time I get up there for meetings and it's easier for me to drive to Corvallis for makings anyway.

I've certainly heard about FH Steinbart's and have seen their website and it looks pretty good. I might have to pay them a visit later this weekend. Thanks for the response David42.

Cheers

The wife is trying to get transfered up there we really want to move. Her job would be in Hillsboro. Beautiful area. Hopefully we will know more soon.

FifeLee; Best of luck in Great Falls... It' not the most cosmopolitan city in the world, but the people are really nice. Also, the beer and wine shop attached to 2J's Produce has a nice selection of good beers, and there is a LHBS just of Central Ave downtown which has a reasonable selection of products at reasonable prices.

And Fish, I hope that you are able to make the move; Oregon is a lovely place to live (if you don't mind the rain).

Does anybody know anything about other Portland Metro homebrew shops besides FH Steinbarts? I'm sure Ill be checking out any shops I can find eventually, but I have empty carboys right now and need to get my brew on...
I'm sure there must be loads of Portlanders on this forum...

Back