Hi from Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdskep

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm re-entering the world of homebrew. It's been a few years and I need to repurchase all my equipment after giving it all up after several moves. I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of a good homebrew store in the north area of Chicago.

Thanks,

Patrick

Welcome! I was in Chicago untl last year (and will be back again next year). One of the reasons I didn't brew much was I had trouble finding a good LHBS. I used to drive all the way down to Bev Art (10033 S. Western Avenue, 773-233-7579) or order stuff online. The owner was talking about moving the store to Lakeview, but I don't know if that ever happened.

The only place I ever found listed on the north side was Brew N Grow (1824 N Besly Ct, 773-395-1500) which is near the Kennedy/Ashland/Armitage interchange. I thought they were out of business, but Google still lists them, so maybe not.

Good luck! Let me know if you find any place, as I'm sure to hit them up next year when I move back.

Howdy! There's loads of online retailers that are great if you can't find one.

Northern Brewer
Austin Home Brew
Morebeer.com

These are fine companies!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll keep everyone apprised if I find a good HB store.

Hey and Welcome!

OK, so where are you? In Chicago proper, or in the burbs? There's a good group of us Northern Illinois brewers that get together from time to time. In fact, there's a get together going on today that I was unfortunately unable to attend due to a conflicting 3rd birthday party for our friends.

Cheesefood said:
Hey and Welcome!

OK, so where are you? In Chicago proper, or in the burbs? There's a good group of us Northern Illinois brewers that get together from time to time. In fact, there's a get together going on today that I was unfortunately unable to attend due to a conflicting 3rd birthday party for our friends.
I'm in the city (Edgewater). I'm looking into buying a keggerator since I remember what pain in the ass bottling was. I moved into a place surrounded by a bunch of semi-professional alcoholics so it should get some pretty good use. :D

Back