Guess What?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakecpunut

Reaction score
PregoTestResults.jpg

I'm gonna be a daddy :)

Some of you may remember a while back I started a thread about "older dads" haha..

I just turned 46 (Halloween) and this will be my 2nd child. Our first together...

We are super excited! We were going to try last year but she was finishing up her Master's Degree so we decided to wait and it didn't take long once we started trying haha!

We did the home pregnancy test earlier in October but wanted to get through our first doc visit just to make sure e/thing was ok. Seeing that heartbeat on the Sonogram was something else!!

One funny thing, I was reading some posts here on HBT and she came in the room and asked if I was reading up on beer. I showed her the posts and told her how people react on here about new dads not getting to brew anymore. She just laughed and said why not? haha

I get a kick out of seeing those type comments myself? I guess every relationship is different but she loves my beer, loves that I brew and knows the time an effort it takes. And neither one of us could figure out why people think they have to stop brewing or put it on hold when a baby comes!

Anyways, looks like my Grandson is going to have an aunt or uncle a tad younger than him haha! CAN'T WAIT!

:mug:

Btw, here's a vid from my YT channel if you're interested in hearing me talk about it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! boy or girl?

Dunno yet.. right now she's 8 weeks so it'll be the December visit before we can find out.. We're definitely going to find out but we're thinking of a creative way to find out haha

Someone suggested getting the nurse to write down the sex and put it in an envelope and then we can give that envelope to a baker. Then we have a party and when we cut the cake, everyone finds out with us with the color of the cake being pink or blue!

I know, corny but cool haha

Holy crap- talk about starting over! I thought I was doing that, kinda. I'm 47 (almost 48) and my GF has a 6 year old. But YOU are REALLY starting over! Congrats!

Congrats!

My wife is concerned about us starting a family because of my age (40). She is 9 years younger, and I think this is the perfect time to start. I'll still be limber enough (I hope) to ski, mountain bike, hike, etc with "junior" before he/she realizes how uncool it is to hang with Dad.

Latest posts

Back