Southern California Meet-up 12-27 to 12-30 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet, sounds good. You'd be surprised how many Sox fans there are out here...

Brewsmith, any plans around SD today?

Today I decided to brew. I was out all day yesterday, and I still need to pop into work for a little today. The deal on the 11th sounds good. I'll try to get down there for that.

I'm sad that I didn't make it any of these meets. Last night was my only window but I was just too weary from holiday travel.

Right in Mission Valley...

Oh yeah, Hotel Circle? I live literally on the hill south of Mission Valley. Maybe we should hit up the San Diego Brewing Co., which is just a little east. Last time I was there they had Fullers on cask!

Did you say Monday (the 11th?) was good for you? We can meet for dinner/drinks or just drinks, either would be fine for me. I know at least one other HBTer would be free that night, possibly more.

Ya I can do that...I will be arriving Monday the 11th at 11:30 am. I gotta go meet with my new condo for a bit but my afternoon is open after that.

Not sure if Emyrs will actually remember to check in, but he has also said he's free that night.

I'm going to try to make this happen. I'll be coming after work from Orange County, so I probably couldn't make it any earlier than about 7pm. Any place in the area is cool with me. I stopped by SDBC while down there. I didn't realize how much stuff they had on tap.

Ya the San Diego Brewing Company would be a great meeting spot. Ton of beer on tap, food is good as well. I am down for whatever time. Send me a email guys or a private message with any info like names and numbers.

[email protected]

Shall we set the meet up time for 6:30 and people can filter in as they please/are able?

Gremlyn1 just alerted me to this, Jan 11 6:30pm SDBH...Sounds like fun see you guys there.

Carnevoodoo, I hope you can make it. my wife got me a beer engine for Christmas, and if I remember right you had a class on cask beers in Chicago? I'd like to pick you brain about that.

Gremlyn1 just alerted me to this, Jan 11 6:30pm SDBH...Sounds like fun see you guys there.

Carnevoodoo, I hope you can make it. my wife got me a beer engine for Christmas, and if I remember right you had a class on cask beers in Chicago? I'd like to pick you brain about that.

Beer engine? hell, I've been wanting one of thoes sense I started brewing. time to brew a bunch of real ale mr. Bsquared.

Damn, I might just be able to make it down for this one.

Where is the SD Brewery? Anywhere near an Amtrak station?

(FYI, Amtrak serves Stone on the Coastal Flyer)

Damn, I might just be able to make it down for this one.

Where is the SD Brewery? Anywhere near an Amtrak station?

(FYI, Amtrak serves Stone on the Coastal Flyer)

Amtrak-to-SD Brewing Company

There Kinda is...If you could get a train that is going to stop at the old town transit center instead of going all the way down town, you can take the green line up to Grantville stop. from there I think its about a mile from the stop. Google maps said you can take bus#13 there. Otherwise you would have to get on the blue line and transfer on to the green.

You could probably stop in Solana beach too and hit up pizza port, then catch the coster down to old town and the trolley to SDBC.

I love the stone bombers on the Amtrak! Makes the trip up to LA so much more enjoyable than sitting in traffic

Beer engine? hell, I've been wanting one of thoes sense I started brewing. time to brew a bunch of real ale mr. Bsquared.

I'm shooting to have a cask ready late February I will be needing help to drink it!

Yeah, I had a bit of a class on it, and really I have been interested in casks for a good long time, so I have some ideas there. I'd be glad to talk about it.

PLEASE REMIND ME to show up.

So guys and gals 6:30 Monday the 11th at San Diego Brewing Company it is...
You guys going to get dinner? I probably will. Looking forwad to a few good brews as well. Anyone coming later in the night im sure I will stay for awhile.

Nice...see you guys there, I will be wearing a Red Sox hat or Patriots hat. Dont make fun of me for the Pats hat. If the Pats dont win the superbowl which I dont think they will I hope the Chargers do.

Nice...see you guys there, I will be wearing a Red Sox hat or Patriots hat. Dont make fun of me for the Pats hat. If the Pats dont win the superbowl which I dont think they will I hope the Chargers do.

Aw, sorry, I can't go now. I'm a Dolphin's fan...

Their food is ok, and I can order from the guest taps because they're my second least favorite brewery in SD, but I'll play nice. :)

Their food is ok, and I can order from the guest taps because they're my second least favorite brewery in SD, but I'll play nice. :)

I dunno, their Monster Mash is a pretty decent porter. Sure it's no Victory at Sea, but it's not bad...

Latest posts

Back