How you met people IRL through here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you met a member from here in real life?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Curious to know how many people have met members through this forum in real life. For brewing or drinking or just hanging out, doesn't matter. Have you met a member through here face to face?

I was going to meet up with Cheese when I went to Chicago, but I was traveling with a group. Otherwise I would have been a yes.

Oh wait I forgot! I should have voted yes doh! Sorry Phil! :fro:

I think it's eight people I've met so far...

Glibbidy
Evanmars
Hippie
Vermicious
2nd Street
Chillhayze
Kaiser
Boston

And, I'm heading down to DC to visit family, but I'm going to meet up with Orpheus and Dude when I'm down there. Bnutting's in the area, we just haven't been able to connect on the last couple brew sessions. And, Jester's promised to come down (and bring his SWMBO) the next time Yankee Ingenuity has a get-together (which needs to be soon, before Chill leaves).

And, I'm happy to report - everyone I've met so far is just pretty damn cool. We all just seem to get along like long-lost friends. This site :rockin:

Pretty much same as bird. I've been able to meet up the New England gang a couple of times for brew days so far. Everyone has been cool. Been thinking of hosting one here in NY since I can't drink much and then drive home(let you get a DWI:cross: ) Maybe after Labor day if that's not too close to the family friendly day that bird was planning.

cnbudz said:
not yet, but I would. I don't know how many CT people are on this place....

How fast do you drive? You're about two hours, maybe a little more than that, from my place, Gilb's, or 2nd Street's. I've driven further than that to get to Kai's. You're certainly welcome to come up to any of our gatherings (I thinl Glib is planning one fairly soon).

Met:
Cheesefood
Dude
desertBrew
Nate
Boston
Walker-san
wild
already knew AZMTNBiker

Tonite (in DEN):
RichBrewer
Brewtopia
Brewpastor
Tomorrow:
clayof2day
ChrisK

Everyone I met so far would be welcome in my home anytime and I would meet anyone of them for a beer again.

the_bird said:
How fast do you drive? You're about two hours, maybe a little more than that, from my place, Gilb's, or 2nd Street's. I've driven further than that to get to Kai's. You're certainly welcome to come up to any of our gatherings (I thinl Glib is planning one fairly soon).

really fast... I'll definitely take you up on the offer:mug:

I built a keggle for Willsellout and we met here in Redding CA for the hand off, he lives up in Oragon. didnt get to have a beer with him though would have liked to.
JJ

cnbudz said:
really fast... I'll definitely take you up on the offer:mug:

Cool, keep your eyes posted on the "gatherings" forum. If Glib can't host, I'm going to do something probably late July, after I get back from DC/VA. Brewing with my buddies is so much more fun... and we'll probably do something that included the SWMBOs and little ones, pretty much everyone seems to have kidlings in the 0-5 range.

I met someone that I sold some extra equipment to when I was in San Diego, but it was a pretty quick sale and that was it. Now that I'm Louisiana there are a lot less brewers around.

I met Wolf briefly when I was in Milwaukee at an Admirals game. He gave me a homebrew and some Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA that he didn't care for. His homebrew was great (I think a stout, IIRC) and the DFH was awesome, too.

I'm hoping to meet up with the SEWAGE group- but that's about a 5 hour drive for me. Someday, I will!

Met

1. Cheesefood
  2. Rhoobarb
  3. Snakebone
  4. FermentEd

Hopefully we can get a SNIZZLE / SEWAGE outing going so we can meet some of the Wisconsin guys

I met up/drank w/Gaelone, now Toilet Rocker and his soon to be SWMBO in NJ.

Shared a keg then some with desiderata in Savannah, GA.

And a brewer in Austin who's name escapes me (I don't think he's here anymore).

There was another member I met up with who sold all his equipment in York, PA, a couple of years ago. I went to his house to pick up everything, but he was quitting (drinking, brewing, etc.), so I did not partake (with).

One local so far. Hopefully I'll meet some more at the Beer Expo here at the end of July. If someone would like to stop in and say hi before then, I've got some free hop plants. My experiments in layering worked and I have extra of Cascade, Glacier, Liberty and Tettnang. I might have also have some Sterling. Of course some beer samples too.

rdwj said:
Met
  1. Cheesefood
  2. Rhoobarb
  3. Snakebone
  4. FermentEd
Hopefully we can get a SNIZZLE / SEWAGE outing going so we can meet some of the Wisconsin guys
Fantastic idea. I'd be down with an over-nighter to Milwaukee for a gathering, or we can get everyone here. Not too many good beer pub-crawling areas in IL though.

Set it up. I'm there.

I answered yes but as of this minute I've never met anyone in person.
That will all change today or tomorrow when I meet Brewpastor, Brewtopia, clayof2day, Dude, and olllllo at the NHC. :rockin:

Several people on the site have identified themselves as being members of the clubs I belong to. However, I have not physically met anyone from the site that I didn't know before.

Met Cheesefood, Snakebone, FermentEd, flippindiscs & rdwj and have plans to meet up again on July 14th.:)

Cheesefood said:
Fantastic idea. I'd be down with an over-nighter to Milwaukee for a gathering, or we can get everyone here. Not too many good beer pub-crawling areas in IL though.

Set it up. I'm there.

I could probably go for that, depending on when, of course.

Met a one person in my town, he is coming over this weekend to the clubs brewday.
I will be in chicago on the 29-31 if anyone in the area wants to gettogether for a beer

Cheers

So far only homebrewer_99 in Savannah, GA. I'll meet Chimone here in Sierra Vista soon, though.

I got in touch with Pumbaa and Bernie Brewer. I was suppose to meet Dude last year when he came up for his annual packer game but he ditched me and Pumbaa. Hopefully when DesertBrew comes up to the Brew City we'll meet up. I would be down for a Wis/Flatland meeting.

wop31 said:
Met a one person in my town, he is coming over this weekend to the clubs brewday.
I will be in chicago on the 29-31 if anyone in the area wants to gettogether for a beer

Cheers
Might be able to do that! I'll have to check with the assistant brewer to see what our schedule looks like. I'll PM you once I know for sure.

So far only met olllllo & almost Chimone who had to back out last minute for brewday at my house. Keep crossing paths with Dude in Hampton, VA where my son lives...

sause said:
I got in touch with Pumbaa and Bernie Brewer. I was suppose to meet Dude last year when he came up for his annual packer game but he ditched me and Pumbaa. Hopefully when DesertBrew comes up to the Brew City we'll meet up. I would be down for a Wis/Flatland meeting.

WI/IL group gathering would be cool. If you can make it sometime 6/30 - 7/7 but I have a feeling what works for you guys won't for me. I fly in Sat and Sun I got a thing at my sis' house. Then I fricken fly out the following Sat morning on the 7th. I was trying to get 8 days for the vacation price of 4 with the 4th in the middle. If not IL/WI I'll see what I can do with the local MKE folk. There's always summerfest with the 150,000 other drunks.

GABF in October. I'm sure some of you will be going.

Back