What’s In Your Kettle This Weekend? (11/16-11/18)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a whole lot of nothing going this weekend. I should have a ton of grain I ordered from More Beer waiting for me at home. Maybe I will whip up some apple wine...

We're doing another Ginger Hefe tomorrow and an IPA on Sunday. Perhaps i'll get another 5 gallons of Apfelwine going too!
Oh, and we'll be bottling too! busy beer weekend WOOHOO!

My weekend brewing has been moved to Monday/Tuesday, but I'm going for a trifecta -- bottling Apex Amber v2.0, racking my failed Hobgoblin clone* and brewing a test batch of a strong brown ale I'm working on.

Chad

*lousy crush on the grains I ordered dropped my efficiency to about 54%. It's beer, but not the one I was shooting for.

5 gallons of a RR Temptation clone with Mike T, Saturday :ban: Maybe I'll take some pics.

Also Wednesday before Thanksgiving will be a double brewday(2 of the 3):
1. Cuvee De Tomme(Pizza Port/Lost Abbey) clone
2. De Dolle Oerbier(sour brown) Clone
3. Tripel Saison

Ó Flannagáin said:
Welp, got heating up to a boil now. This sucker is gonna be around 12% abv.

Man Seefresh,

Sounds like you got a nice one in the making. You're getting your Belgian on aren't you! I have a Belgian strong Dark Ale in the primary and it still hasn't strarted clearing yet.

Not to get this thread :off: I will be brewing sometime before Christmas and It'll probably be an Oatmeal Stout. Right now it's great brewing weather here. Priorities take precidence.

Originally Posted By PseudoChef
5.5% a little strong? What the hell?

Originally Posted by The_bird
BM's a lightweight, we know that!

Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
BM goes about 130# after he gets out of the pool with his clothes on, so 5.5% is a monster to him.

Rumors of my wussy-dom have been greatly exaggerated…well…maybe not so much… :D
Problem is, I average 6-8 beers a night…and that’s on weekdays. So much beer…so little time.

Originally Posted by DaveyBoy
If I can find the time, possibly my first AG (BM's SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde).
A nice choice. You won’t be sorry. Very forgiving recipe.

Originally Posted by mr x
Your Orange Kolsch.
That will be popular amongst the non-hop heads. Great holiday beer too with that slight spice and orange zest.

I'll be brewing something on Sunday, just not sure what. I've got 5 different WL vials in the fridge, and plenty of just about any grain and hops you can think of. I need to get a starter going tonight so I better decide soon, I guess.

Nichts! Nada! I'm taking an NRA Rifle Instructor class 9 am to 7 pm both Saturday & Sunday and the range is an hours drive each way.

i'm takin a little time off, unfortunately. my back is giving me trouble and i need to really get my apartment (aka life) organized.

i kegged my brown ale last night, tho :) get to take my 4912 for a test run :rockin:

This weekend I'll be bottling up a Holiday Spiced Ale, I left it in the secondary an extra week to dry hop and brewing an AHS Cannonball Stout. The starter is already bubbling away and getting the little yeasties all happy for tomorrows move.

Saturday night is going to be busy. I took last weekend off of all brewing, so tomorrow I have two batches of beer and one batch of aplewein to bottle. All together about 17 gallons.

Then it is time for my first all grain batch. I am pretty sure Edwort's Haus Pale Ale is required for HBT'rs first all grain.

I'm doing my Whitbread Pale Ale on Sunday. It will be ready in time for Christmas and Whitbreads are my best friend's favorite style. I'm sure he'll approve.

Unfortunately, my starter is off to a slow start, but then, the Whitbread strain has always been slow to start for me...

C'mon Sunday!

:drunk:

I am doing a double batch today. 10 gallons of hefe weizen followed by 5 gallons of brown ale.

I'm brewing my End of Year Beer tomorrow, which was originally going to be everything I have left from brewing over the past few months, but in the last 24 hours its turned into my first PM. Its inspired by Stone XI, I guess its my take on a Black IPA. We'll see how it turns out. I'm currently waiting for my LHBS to open so I can go get some Pale Malt.

Cheers,

Too many household and yard chores to brew today, but I'll be making another patch of my PM APA tomorrow. My friends can't get enough of that one, I've got to get the pipeline full again.

Next weekend will be my first all-grain batch, either a kolsch or Orfy's Old Speckled Hen.

Finally have the house to myself so I made a ESB today, hope it tastes as good as it smells. Actually anything smells good right now, I'm starved, need food.

I made a one gallon pilot of a mead recipe I found in an old SCA* newsletter. 1 "measure" of honey, seven measures of water and one half measure of hops.

I used "two cups" as "One measure" for a one gallon batch, 2.5% Saaz whole/leaf for the hops. Pitched that about an hour ago. I have ten gal of EW's Haus Pale to bottle.

I am going to try a one gallon AG dopplebock probably Sunday. It is the one Charlie P says to dilute four ways with water for your BMC swilling friends. I think I can manage a one gal AG, may or may not dilute it four ways.

*SCA = Society for Creative Anachronism, the Renaissance re-enactors that run around in leather armour sword fighting each other and so on...

Hopefully a dort export - will be my first lager. Not sure if I'll get time to do it this weekend though...

After 3 straight 11+ hour days, and 4 more to go(I'm a baker, got to hate the holidays). There is nothing brewing this weekend, but I did secondary the Alt for 8 weeks of cold conditioning and dry hopped Bob G's Sharks Tooth Pale Ale.

Making my Christmas beer tomorrow. Just letting the starter cool down now. A friend of mine is interested in starting brewing and is gonna come over for the afternoon to see how I do it.

Tomorrow I'm going to brew a nice German Wheat...the starter is happily bubbling away as we speak! :mug:

Oh, fun brew day.

I had several board folks over for a "hang out and brew" day. I was making a hefe.

Well, true to form I failed to add the honey malt and even though I tried really hard to hit my target volume, I ended up light again and had to sparge my grains, boil and cool to top up.

By the end I was pretty drunk on all the great home brew everyone brought to share.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by.

This weekend was my first all-grain brew - I have five gallons of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale in the fermenter :rockin:

Yesterdays stout brewing went great, SG 1.124 right on the button for the recipe. The big starter I made using WLP007 got things bubbling less than three hours after pitching. Today it is blasting stuff through the blow off tube like it is possessed. Hopefully the yeasties will stay happy and productive long enough to do the job completely.

Yesterday I came down with a mild form of food poisoning, I think. I was doing some furniture move-in and just started puking on the lawn... Not fun at all.

Didn't get my "chores" done last night, so they moved to today, and it's a bit too late to do my bitter tonight so it'll have to wait until next week. :(

Latest posts

Back