primary question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blindnil

Reaction score
I have an IPA (1.072) that has fermented out and is still in primary for 5 days afterward (steady at 1.019 last week when I had time to check on Monday and again on Thursday which was my target). It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since pitching and I will not have the time to transfer for dry hop for a week at least, 2 weeks at most. I am bottling this. I am worried that I may not have enough of the pacman yeast to bottle carbonate sufficiently when I eventually bottle it. I don't have a keg setup (next on my list). Should I just transfer to a bottling bucket and bottle, skipping the dry hop stage and hope to get more viable yeast in the bottle or will a secondary still yield enough yeast to carbonate? After tasting the gravity samples I think its palate hoppy but not as aromatic as I'd like. Am I over thinking this? Any thoughts? Cheers!

Latest posts

Back