New to the show

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelham

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm as new as one can get to home brewing. I'm a lover of all hoppy and malty beers and I recently visited the Sam Adam's brewery in Boston and caught the brew bug. I also have a few friends that do it as well and they always rave about the beers they make.

I'm excited to start reading before I really get into it.

How is everyone?

Welcome aboard. But don't take anything they said on the Sam Adams tour as fact, lots of fallacies and half truths on that tour.

Welcome aboard. But don't take anything they said on the Sam Adams tour as fact, lots of fallacies and half truths on that tour.

I've been to the brew tour in Jamaica Plain a few times, but haven't been since I started brewing, so I'm not sure what you are referring to as lies. I'd love to hear what fallacies you think they are spewing...

If you consider dumbing down some explanations of techniques as half truths, I don't blame them. Most brew tours are touristy in a way, in fact, SA makes no bones about it. They say "Ok, we're gonna get you drunk (in the tasting room) and then send you and your credit cards to the gift shop".

Sorry for the :off: rant.

Welcome new guy, Pelham. There's nothing wrong with Sam Adams. Hope you enjoy your new obsession!

Back