NCAA bracket pick-off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

In order to join the group, go to the game front page and click on the "Join Group" button. When prompted, enter the following information:

Group ID#: 93172
Password: beer

I'm game for entering more of these if someone has one....I set this up just for fun, no beer or money involved--only bragging rights.

:rockin:

the_bird said:
When are the first games? When do we have to have the brackets done by?
It looks like you have to fill out the bracket by Thursday, and the first games are on Friday (I think!).

I, too, know dick about basketball. Though I always smoked people in HORSE with the one-footed big lefty sky hook......:rockin:

I'll try to get in when I have a chance (pretty much all day everyday this week). I'm still glum about my Pack losing to the Holes yesterday, but oh well. I won't pick them to make it out of the East Regional.

I'll do one of them without doing any research when I get home tonight. I'll do the other after studying ESPN and whatever else I can find (I don't follow college hoops all that closely). Guarantee the first one ends up better... :D

Fiery Sword said:
It looks like you have to fill out the bracket by Thursday, and the first games are on Friday (I think!).

First games are Thursday...so fill out by Wednesday night to be safe. They probably "lock" with the tip of the first game but better to be safe than sorry. :mug:

Bernie Brewer said:
Man that's so true, at least for hoops. I'm in Woo Hoo!

A twelve week playoff. College football has more systems of offence and defence. You can watch four games at a time. I can work through pro football but college forget it. It got so bad that my boss stoped scheduling me on sats during the season.

I'm in for both, thanks for setting those up. I like to get in as many as I can. (betters my chances of having at least one good one.)

Damn, I read this too late!:mad: Oh, well; here's my picks!
:fro:
basketball.gif

the_bird said:
GODDAMNIT!

I knew I forgot to do something this morning...

SH~T! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't worry bird, I'm with ya. I did my picks all the first day when I signed up, imported them over to Orph league, and THEY ARE ALL GONE NOW, BOTH LEAGUES. WTF?

Damn...what's up with Duke losing? I had them winning two rounds.
In my work pool, they're my only loss right now.

This is not Duke's year. They lost too much during the regular season for me to jump on the bandwagon. I'm anti-Duke as well, so it was that much sweeter when my upset pick of VCU came to fruition.

I almost had VCU too, but I figured the Dukies could scrape out one win in the tourny before getting punched out. Was fun watching them suck wind in the second half.

That and Eckszavior were the only two upsets I got right last night! Okay, Eckszavior wasn't really much of an upset, but it was a good game.

Go Winthrop! Beat the fisheaters!

Wow.

In my "Real" money pools, Duke is my only loss so far! I picked Winthrop, Xavier, and MSU as my upsets, and they've all won!

I'm 19/20 in my work pool and BIL's pool!!!

I got two entries in the pool at work. The one I loaded for the HBT one is not the pretty one. My other pool went 14-2 last night. Early on though...

Cheesefood said:
Wow.

In my "Real" money pools, Duke is my only loss so far! I picked Winthrop, Xavier, and MSU as my upsets, and they've all won!

I'm 19/20 in my work pool and BIL's pool!!!

Well, in the HBT brackets, you get minus 75 points for that avatar.

I picked Winthrop, Xavier, and MSU also, and those weren't my "upsets". My upsets upset me. I suck, bad.

Back