Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the new live action Jungle Book (really good by the way), she saw the wolves on the screen and got poofy.

A4T0IUP.jpg

I watched the new live action Jungle Book (really good by the way), she saw the wolves on the screen and got poofy.

LOL, proof that they CAN see well in two dimensions!

My favorite tale of that sort - we had a big old rear projection TV in the family room and we were watching Babe, back when it first came out on DVD. Our old girl Lucky was mesmerized - she was sitting maybe 5 feet back from the screen just watching all those animals!

Well there is a scene where Babe, the pig, runs under the fence and is coming directly towards the viewer. Lucky was quite certain that pig was about to get her - I never saw a cat RUN backwards like she did when that pig was coming straight at her!

The sisters took a tour of my LHBS. While exploring they found the exhaust vent for the hops/yeast cooler. Hope no one is offended by pets in a brew store. They were confined to the floor and no one ended up with cat hair in their beer.
With my ninja like computer skills this picture will probably be sideways, sorry about that. It's upright on the pad, but sideways on my computer. What am I missing?

IMG_0056.JPG

The sisters took a tour of my LHBS. While exploring they found the exhaust vent for the hops/yeast cooler. Hope no one is offended by pets in a brew store. They were confined to the floor and no one ended up with cat hair in their beer.
With my ninja like computer skills this picture will probably be sideways, sorry about that. It's upright on the pad, but sideways on my computer. What am I missing?

LOL!! Looks like they're quite comfortable there!

Been meaning to get in here and post a couple pics of our two. This is Lena and Ivan (the Blonde). They will both be 4 in May. They are very precious to us. :p

Awwww, sweet-looking kitties. :rockin:

Very Cute!! I've always found that if you wait a few days, they're personality will name them for you. My cat was always stealing things and hiding them.....my pens, my wife's make up brushes, etc. So my wife told me "we have to name him Loki, after the god of mischief"!! It's still applies today!!

We use human names (when we can name them) so currently:
George and Gary.
Middy and moose are fosters so they get to keep them.
i agree with Wash1 and wait a little bit, but the boy looks like a Steve to me..... (and the girl a Wendy)

or Barbie and Ken :)

We usually narrow down a list we like and then either the personality makes the final decision or we just blurt out one of the names when talking to the new fuzzball. Always works out.

Ya I like using human names for my pets as well (last kitty was Joey). The girl name I think is gonna be harder. Im really liking Tony for the boy for some reason

Don't cha just hate it when that happens. ;)
Might as well name them "Stop That" and "Get Down From There" as that's all they will be hearing from you. :D

Ha! so true. If that were the case the boy would already be named "Hey stop biting your sisters tail" :D

Tell her Krausen is better than Sparge. ;)

With our Sphynx sisters, Kinky was a no brainer due to the heavy 3 kinks at the end of her tail. The other sisters name came about as I had just poured half a glass of one of my Belgian Quads at 12%. I said to my wife "what about Half Pint for the other kitten?" and it just stuck.

Thought you guys would like this photo. Wife managed to snap it during snuggle time

Are they polydactyls? Looks like they both have an extra toe in that pic. And on the naming question: I agree with wash1, they'll give you clues for names. A buddy of mine got a new kitten for his daughter & it was constantly getting into everything, attacking the other cat that was nearly twice his size & generally being a little $hit; so he was named Naughtius Maximus, though he's usually called Max for short.
Regards, GF.

So I think we picked the names. We're gonna be getting a black lab soon and I'm naming him Hank. So I figured that the boy kitty acts like and makes a great Pete (anyone who has read Hank the cowdog as a kid or to their kids will get this). And the girl kitty is super sassy and will throw down with her brother so we felt like she made a great Lucy

Pete and Lucy, it's a pleasure to met you. I'm sure tails of your shenanigans will be chronicled here as you grow. :mug:

Things like what you say?
Well I'm glad you asked. Heard an out of place noise coming from the laundry room the other day. Go investigate to find Bella the six month old Sphynx walking on horizontal part of the GAS FIRED HOT WATER HEATER VENT!!!! But I'm sure your two won't be any trouble at all. ;)

Yay Pete and Lucy! How fortunate you are to have been adopted into a wonderful beer family! Now see what kind you like best. My Tequila (yes, cat name, given by the SPCA) loves our Lloyd's Brown Ale and she's not adverse to a taste of the Porter either. One lick off the finger is all she gets though. But she makes sure she gets EVERY DROP. St. Pauli Girl, OTOH, couldn't possibly care less about beer - but put a shrimp down for her and she is a maniac.

You two will provide endless hours of entertainment for your humans. It's your job.

Oooo picture time! :mug:

These are all Pauli, given name St. Pauli Girl (by the SPCA, they were on an "alcoholic beverages make great names" kick that week). She is very photogenic.

First one is the day she came home from the SPCA, newly spayed. Second is taken by our trail cam, she has a big ol' vole. Third is - which end of that is which?

pauli comfy.jpg

pauli vole 7-2-11.JPG

pauli too much in cup.jpg

And this is Tequila, big gray tuxedo girl.

First is enjoying some sunshine in the courtyard, second is, yeah a vole, and third is, "Hey, Mom, whatcha doin?" from her own chair next to my computer station.

Hard to believe we've had these two for eight years now. Seems like yesterday we got them!

tequila sun2.jpg

tequila with vole.jpg

tequila chair 3-5-10.jpg

third is, "Hey, Mom, whatcha doin?" from her own chair next to my computer station.
Are you sure? That seems more like "Why yes I was licking my private parts. Now what can I help you with?" :pipe:

She is a beautiful girl with a great name.
Pauli looks like an Ikea cat.

And this is Tequila, big gray tuxedo girl.

First is enjoying some sunshine in the courtyard, second is, yeah a vole, and third is, "Hey, Mom, whatcha doin?" from her own chair next to my computer station.

Hard to believe we've had these two for eight years now. Seems like yesterday we got them!
The last pic is so "Most Interesting Cat in the World"

Back