Flip Top Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangine77

Reaction score
I have a bunch of the 22 and larger flip top bottles but I'm always paranoid about not getting a good seal. Have a lot of people here had good success with bottling into these?? Thanks.

I've never had a problem but apparently some people do but I think it's the ones sold at HBS that are suspect. Grolsch and sparkling lemonade ones I use always seal fine for me YMMV.

Make sure the seals (red o rings) aren't worn out. They should be firm, and not too flexible. Otherwise, I've had great success with them. They sound like a bomb going off when you open them :)

I've never had a problem but apparently some people do but I think it's the ones sold at HBS that are suspect. Grolsch and sparkling lemonade ones I use always seal fine for me YMMV.

I've had the opposit experience. The "EZ CAP" bottles my NSLHBS sells are of superb quality...the ones that have been wrestled about by BUBBA at the local Beer and Smoke are the ones I find to be jacked up most often.

Back