• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 15G+ Kettle, Tower, and other Equipment - Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmatejka

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been brewing for many years now (6) and have just decided to expand my setup to something easier and more efficient (I say that in jest, as I want to save time only to spend time moving to AG). With a 1.5 and 4.5 year old, I do have limited time, but I find I have a little more every month. Anyhow, I currently have a propane burner and a 5G SS Kettle. This weekend I built the 10G Rubbermaid MLT from the wiki. It worked great for my partial mash and only got me wanting to move quicker. I have a counterflow chiller as well and just switched over from bottling to kegging. Why did I wait so long???
What I am planning on purchasing online, if I cannot find a seller locally, is:
-15-26 Gallon Kettle with Ball Valve for my future 10G batches.
-Another 10G or so pot for heating my sparge water (or to keep it cheaper, use my 5G pot or find a keggle)
-3 Tier Tower - Using gravity here so I can avoid any pumps. Will build if I cannot find a used one. Plus I want to add wheels so I can move it around the garage.
-Maybe some used perlick faucets and equipment, since my single tower kegeterator is hardly enough to accommodate my kegs.
-More ball-lock corny's
-Any other random equipment that might work for my setup.

I think I am just looking for a brewer who is upgrading or looking to leave the hobby behind (for whatever reason that might be).

If anyone in Central Illinois has some of the equipment, I would love to hear about it.

Current List of Equipment (so you can judge what I might need or might want to consider):
-5G SS Pot with no attachments
-10G Rubbermaid MLT with stainless steel hose filter
-1 propane burner
-1 25' Counterflow chiller
-3 plastic fermentors
-2 Glass 5G carboys (which I use rarely after improving my filtering and leaving my brews in primary longer)
-16" strainer
-Kegerator with single tap (just bought a new perlick 525SS to replace the generic faucet)
-5 Ball-lock corny kegs

Always looking for some advice and experience from those who know more than me.

Thanks in advance,
Wes

Hi Wes,
Please check our website: http://brewsteel.com
We are currently designing a second line of stands that are modular. The new 3 tier will have 3 adjustable height tiers.

Those look great. Assuming we are looking at the stock 3 tier tower, not sure about burners, and no need for pumps, what would something like that cost to ship to Illinois (61748)? I saw your stock price at $700-750ish. So would have to evaluate the burner cost, etc.

Thanks,
Wes

Back