Cost of a keg system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesnj

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to brewing and got a starter set for Christmas. I've brewed two batches, one is in primary, the other secondary. I plan on bottling both batches. I'm not a heavy drinker though and my fiancee only drinks wine so pretty soon I'm going to have alot of bottles around. I don't want to slow down though so I was thinking about getting a keg system set up and just wondering what the cost would be.

Ultimately I'd lik a 3-5 draft set up and have a nice little cozy bar...I'm still going to bottle some batches however....Thanks!

check out kegconnection. they've got lots of different kits at different price points. they'll even put together a kit custom to your needs

the dual faucet kegerator set up for $699 seems like a good deal.

It depends on whether you buy or build, and I think it might be a few hundred dollars less if you build. That being said, I think you might want to hold off on a kegerator for the time being. Having just started out in the hobby possibly wait until you are a few brews along. That will give you time to consider how and what you want your setup to look like.

B

Back