E/SE Nebraska Group Buy June/July 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Order placed, confirmed, paid, and grain *should* be here Tuesday, but we'll see and I'll let everyone know the pickup plan.

Grain has arrived. Five bags are damaged, to what extent I don't know because they delivered it to my residence instead of my work. Wife had to help the driver break down the pallet and stack grain in the garage :mad:

Driver indicated the forklift drivers smoke pot...he noted 5 bags damaged. Wife says hardly anything was lost, but we'll see.

Please see the email I sent and arrange with me for pickup. I will deliver up to 5 bags within Lincoln city limits for $5, more than 5 for $10.

I will be in Lincoln Friday, I can pick up omaha grain to bring back for anyone who ordered in omaha.

Just let me know.

EDIT

I wont be able to meet up with Tre on Friday for grain. I have to be back in Omaha to work before he is available.

I will be in Lincoln Friday, I can pick up omaha grain to bring back for anyone who ordered in omaha.

Just let me know.

If you have space to pick up mine and BSDrews bags (total of 3 and one #1 of hops) that'd be awesome

Would love to be a part of the next group buy. Would subscribing to this thread beneficial ? I live in omaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hey guys, I have a friend that has been sitting on 8-10 ball lock kegs and he would like to get rid of them. If there is anyone who would like them I will recondition them and offer them for sale. We'll ask $55 each, but I haven't seen them yet, so I will lower that if they are in bad shape. I'm posting here because I want to keep it local.

Hey guys, I have a friend that has been sitting on 8-10 ball lock kegs and he would like to get rid of them. If there is anyone who would like them I will recondition them and offer them for sale. We'll ask $55 each, but I haven't seen them yet, so I will lower that if they are in bad shape. I'm posting here because I want to keep it local.

I may be interested in one or two.

Would love to be a part of the next group buy. Would subscribing to this thread beneficial ? I live in omaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yes subscribe if you want to know about the next one. Whenever we decide to do it again we will create a new thread and link it here.

For those that are interested in doing another, Tre (the guy who usually puts these together) has moved to Georgia but I am talking with him and getting details so that I can run things moving forward. The big issue is receiving the grain. I live in plattsmouth and can receive the grain either at my house or storage unit but it probably isn't a very convenient location to pick up for everyone. So if anyone has a large garage or outbuilding that would like to volunteer to receive and distribute the grain and stuff please let me know. But I will continue working on getting this going again.

Just an update. This is going to take some time to get off the ground due to some legal loopholes in dealing with the country malt group anymore. Tre had it all figured out and with him gone I basically have to start from scratch here.

Just an update. This is going to take some time to get off the ground due to some legal loopholes in dealing with the country malt group anymore. Tre had it all figured out and with him gone I basically have to start from scratch here.

Let us know if we can help in some way. Would love to see this happen.

Well the issue is is tre had essentially a legal business formation through an LLC but I don't have that I don't know very many of us that do so basically they refuse to sell to homebrewers anymore so you have to be registered as a business to basically do any business with them so unless I can get that on under way and create some sort of front business in which I'm just pretending to be selling grain out of my garage then I don't know if it's going to be able to happen

Well I created a fake business of sorts and applied as a customer today. Should here back as to whether or not I've been approved in a few days. I certainly want to keep this going as well as I sure do enjoy getting my grain for cheap. The shipping prices might increase a little because I don't have a loading dock so we will have to pay for a lift gate but spread out amongst all of us I think it will be a relatively small increase.

Well good news everyone. I finally have my account with country malt group set up and we can get a group buy going. If people have a need for grain I will have an updated spreadsheet put up soon and we can start compiling an order just in time for tax refunds. The only issue that might arise for some is that I live in plattsmouth so no more Lincoln pick ups. Also my delivery situation is not the most ideal as I don't have a lot of space to hold bags for those who can't pick up right away. So if someone with a large garage or outbuilding wants to volunteer to receive and distribute grain it would be better but we can still make it work at my place if need be. I will be sending out the link with the updated spreadsheets soon and will also create a HBT thread so that bag splits can be discussed openly. Thanks Everyone.

Thread for the new grain buy is here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/e-se-nebraska-group-buy-2015-a-515003/

Back