Northern Brewer and others that offer two day shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

37OliveStBrews

Reaction score
Hi all, I am neither drunk or mindless as I vent about something that ticks me off.
Why do these companies (Northern Brewer in my example) offer two day shipping if by the time they process/pick/pack/ship my item it won't make it here by the weekend, delaying my delivery until Monday. The point of two day delivery is to get my product here in two days, not four. I ordered some things on Wednesday night from Northern Brewer and upgraded (PAID EXTRA) to two day shipping so that I could brew this weekend. But they don't actually ship until Thursday afternoon and so since they don't deliver on Saturday the product has to sit in the warehouse over the weekend. They should have it built into their systems so that if the product can't get their in two days they don't allow you to pay for the service you won't receive. This is just common sense right? Tell me if I am wrong.

All my stuff from NB comes Fedex and I have had numerous deliveries on Saturdays, I only pay 7.99 shipping, doesn't always come in 2 days but usually by 3 days... I usually place orders in the morning.

Yeah I paid the upgrade for two day shipping but am told it won't get here until Monday and I ordered Wednesday night. It's a bummer I just wish I would have known and I wouldn't have paid the extra for faster shipping since it indeed won't be faster. blech.

I'm guessing you don't understand how UPS or Fed-X work. Two day shipping is for 2 days AFTER the date of pickup. Had you ordered Wed. morning and they were able to send your package out the same day, then you would have received it Friday.

Businesses usually only have one package pickup at the end day, so two days past "end of day" Wednesday is EOD Friday.

Saturday is a special delivery and is usually charged extra (except Fed-X home I believe).

Yeah, I'm gonna call common sense on this one -

You ordered Wednesday nite - the earliest they're going to work on it is Thursday. Pick, Pack, Ship - so then UPS has it Thursday afternoon - you really wanted ONE-DAY service to get it Friday.

Latest posts

Back