Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And who has Heath? oops, out of bounds.

Guess not. You got to wing that thing at the ref's head!

If we're going to trash talk here which seems likely, might I recommend a new thread for each week? Otherwise this one is going to easily surpass the "I've never tasted a good asian beer" by week two ;)

desertBrew said:
If we're going to trash talk here which seems likely, might I recommend a new thread for each week? Otherwise this one is going to easily surpass the "I've never tasted a good asian beer" by week two ;)

i was thinking the same thing earlier, but wasn't sure if we should have one thread per week, or per game. per week is probably better.

dude.... can you move all the chatter about tonight's game to an "NFL: week #1" thread?

-walker

Walker-san said:
i was thinking the same thing earlier, but wasn't sure if we should have one thread per week, or per game. per week is probably better.

dude.... can you move all the chatter about tonight's game to an "NFL: week #1" thread?

-walker

Yeah, I'll move it all later....

Damn PIT D just got 7 points just like that....:(

I was up against Miami D and Culpepper. Was behind 10, then went back down to 5. Daunte is Overrated! And not vewwy smout eiver. So says my MN co-workers who were glad to see his arse go.

desertBrew said:
I was up against Miami D and Culpepper. Was behind 10, then went back down to 5. Daunte is Overrated! And not vewwy smout eiver. So says my MN co-workers who were glad to see his arse go.

I've always hated Culpepper. So glad to see his sorry ass get killed tonight. Starting out just like last year. 0 TDs, 2 INTs. :rockin: :ban: :D

desertBrew said:
To change your players click the my team link. Here you can bench, switch around who is on your active roster for the week. That's also where you can drop/add players, add some to a watch list and propose trades to your fellow managers. You can look at years past if players have years in the league to see how your guys have done.

Thanks. I tried doing some drops and adds tonight. I guess I just sit and keep my fingers crossed that they go through?

-walker

Walker-san said:

-walker

I was thinking that we should have a thread for each week, but then I also thought it would be pretty damn cool to have a thread that by the end of the season has 25,000 posts :D

Either way, doesn't matter... what we REALLY need, for the trash talking, is a chat room. Then, in Week 13, when I'm in last place, there's less evidence of my idiocy to shove back in my face!

I kinda like one BIG long thread. Not only does it look impressive, It's also easier on those that don't care to see our nonsense. We could potentially have several threads on the front page dedicated to a pretty small segment of this board's population.

Walker-san said:
Thanks. I tried doing some drops and adds tonight. I guess I just sit and keep my fingers crossed that they go through?

-walker

Should go through immediately... Hit submit?

If you're picking someone up on waivers, the player needs to clear. I think I have waiver priorities this week because I drafted last, so if Walker tried to pick someone up that had been dropped, I could sneak in and grab him. I put in a claim for one of Houston's nameless RBs that Dude dropped (just because I think there's a decent chance the rook they have starting will end up demoted, and I *need* a RB), but it won't go through until tomorrow. I also put Charlie Frye out on waivers, if anyone is interested ;)

Oh - that's probably it then. I dropped / picked up someone who probably wasn't ever on someone's team then and why it went through right away?

Can someone describe or point to some more info on the whole waiver process then?

the_bird said:
Oh, are you the bastid who picked up Kellen Winslow right before I decided to grab him?

A long shot with him, but yep.

MY TE was out this week with an injury. Not that highly rated but was a holmgren TE which he likes to get into the mix; at least when was coaching GB.

Bubba Franks is still out there, if you like GB tight ends!

Winslow could be interesting. Charlie Frye's a crappy QB, and crappy QBs tend to rely on their TEs. Winslow definately has the talent. I've got someone I've never heard of from Tennessee, I don't even know who the QB is. At least they are facing the J-E-T-S this week, if he can't do well versus them, well, I'll be even MORE in the market for a TE.

Players are on waivers for 2 days after every week (and the draft). Everyone can put a claim on any player on waivers and after 2 days, you can pick up that player just as long as you have a higher waiver ranking. Basically, the worst team gets the first shot at the waiver players. After the 2 days, everyone who isn't claimed on waivers becomes a free agent and anyone can pick them up.

damn... i didn't do enough research. i dropped two players and add two players with better stats. sounds good, right?

well, the two new players aren't even playing. they're on the frigging bench as the #3 RB and #4 WR.

I am an idiot.

I just picked up a crappy RB for the Texans, not even their starter, on the off chance that the rook they ARE starting is terrible and gets benched. But, I only dropped Charlie Frye to make the move. Deep bench guys.

Carolina could have at least told me that Smith wasn't going to play instead of doing that "questionable" crap. :mad:

Damn you Keg Krushers!! If I would have started the right D - this would have been a different ballgame!!

rdwj said:
Damn you Keg Krushers!! If I would have started the right D - this would have been a different ballgame!!

I'm unable to access the football league from work....what was the final score?
General Manager
Keg Krushers

61-54, you.

Now, since we were matched up against another team, we don't have to worry about total points, do we? Just out record in head-to-head matchups? I can be happy for my fellow Bostonophile, without worrying that he has more points than I?

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
I'm unable to access the football league from work....what was the final score?
General Manager
Keg Krushers

I can't either, but I think it was 61 - 54.

I started the Eagles D over the Ravens because I thought the Eagles had and easier day - BIG mistake! My kicker did everything he could to get the victory, but we still came up short :(

Deion Branch just got traded to the Seahawks and he's a free agent! No....wait.... he just got picked up by the Angry Pirates. Hold on a sec... that's my team! :D

DAMMIT!

I was going to pick him up over the weekend as a free agent, but I grabbed Reche Caldwell instead (figured he'd have a good day as pretty much the only WR on the Pats, and I could then trade him). Of course, Caldwell does nothing, didn't hurt me - but damn, I could have had Branch!

As long as Hasselback (my QB) tosses him lots and lots of TDs, I'm happy. :D

Hey, no fair picking up players while I'm working and behind our firewall. I need another RB for sure but none out there that I could see.

Bird, big game coming up this week. Your guys better play better than you did in the 1st half against the Bills or we'll kick your a$$:ban: Oh wait, our kicker would probably miss. (had to get that in before anyone else did):D

Hey Angry, man did I spank you for week 1 and that's without Smith even playing for me. But you still got Monday night to go... oops, you don't have any players playing tonight :D.

I seem to recall you're a Bears fan though aren't you. I'll shut up now. :eek:

I had a terrible week in all 3 of my leagues. Nothing like having Simms, Delhomme, and Culpepper as your starting QB's. 0 TD's combined. :mad:

On the other hand, the Bears spanked the packers and I got a good laugh at the deer in the headlights look that Fav-ruh has in all of his press conferences these days.

Think he regrets coming back for one last season?

I had to laugh when he said he was 99.9% sure he'd finish his career with the Packers. He's just completely delusional at this point; other than the Raiders, can you think of a single other team in the NFL that would sign Favre to be their QB next year? He's regressing. Any team that is in serious title contention likely already has a QB in place, and any team that's rebuilding wants to get a young guy. Someone said something about the Pack trading Favre while he still has a lot of value, and I almost pissed myself.

The *only* team in the league that would go for Favre right now - and it would not surprise me in the least to see this happen - is the Raiders. Hell, they gave Jeff George a shot!

The Pack really ought to try and make this trade happen. I could easily see them giving up a first rounder for Favre, they've never really cared for rebuilding and Favre's jacking up bombs fits in perfectly with the Raider Way. It would suck to see him in another uniform, but the GB fans have got to be smart enough to know that they absolutely have to rebuild, that they have noshot at being good again in the next couple years. They'll still show up at the games. They really need to see whether Rogers (that his name?) is any good, or if they need to go in another direction.

It would have nice if Favre's ego would have allowed him to truly mentor Rogers along, to let him get some playing time, to fade into a backup role as a respect elder statement. Instead, he's become a joke.

At least he'll still be forcing balls into Donald Driver all year, bully for me. :D

I wish this guy were Jerry Jones:

Recoil.gif

Really hard to be a Cowboys fan when they make retarded personnel decisions year in, year out.

The_Bird - Think all of your comments make sense. I think we (GB) really needs to see about Rogers for a good 8 games or so. We'll more than likely be in the top 3-4 draft draft order next year whoever is tossing the rock and if he doesn't look like the right fit, we can target Quinn or ?. On second thought, maybe let Favre keep tossing them buggers so we stink up the place and keep Rogers in hiding. Two young QB's on the roster could be good trade bait for some friggen experienced O-Line, or Defense, or special teams, or...

Back