• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio Rims Tube complete kit (well almost) for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highland_brewer

Short Circuited Brewers
Reaction score
Thought I would throw this out there. I have a RIMS tube assy for sale. Bought the tube from Bobby in NJ. Included for sale is a Auber Instruments 4" RTD probe, 1500 watt LWD element, and a 25Amp SSR with heatsink.

Here is a photo of the tube as I received it from Bobby.

1355523837642.jpg

It does have about 3' of 12/3 awg lead attached to it. I have installed a cap on the end (which I thought came out very good) It is easier to show than explain.

2012-12-20_16-25-28_151.jpg

2012-12-20_16-25-43_499.jpg

2012-12-20_16-36-30_756.jpg

The copper pipe cap has a very tight fit over the element that has the ground wire soldered into it thereby grounding the whole tube.

2012-12-12_08-29-19_961.jpg

******NOTE*******
not all the items in this photo are part of the sale. I just wanted to show the heatsink, the rtd probe, and the element.

The tube is sold as is, it was removed in good leak free working order.

Pricing everything out seperately you would pay well over $150 BEFORE shipping. I am asking $125 and the buyer pays actual shipping.

Thanks
Brian

oh almost forgot I will throw in a 8' premium RTD probe cable. This is the best one Auber Instruments sells.

i'm interested. please quote actual shipping to 87123.

also - can you tell me how many amps this setup will run at?

to be sure I understand - you're selling the tube from bobbym, a RTD temp probe, and already potted (with copper cap) element. also including a 25amp SSR with heatsink for the control box, and a 8ft rtd premium cable.

no PID, no switches, no other camlock hardware as pictured.

what model PID from Auberins would you recommend using this setup with?

I was running it on a 15 amp circuit... Pretty much is the same as a hair dryer..most of them are 1500watt. $15.30 usps flat rate... That pretty much goes for anywhere in the US.

Correct... No pids or other hardware

Here is a photo of only the items for sale

IMG_20130324_064942.jpg

Here is the PID I used and would recommend.. there are a few settings that need to be made, which I found on electricbrewery.com
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3

Back