List of Kegerator Fridges?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Is there a list of "Kegerator Fridges" somewhere?

What I am talking about are the small refrigerators that have no freezer and are tall enough for cornie kegs.

Might be a good list to add to the FAQ.

There's this new website called Google, us it to search "Kegerator", you will get thousands of results from thousands of retailers, all matching what you need. ;)

I'm just kidding with you. But seriously, kegerators won't have the freezer part if that's what they are made for, and plenty of companies make kegerators.

Dorm fridges can be converted to kegerators, but may have freezers, and may not. It is entirely up to the model number if it will have one or not, and with literally thousands of models of dorm fridges, it is unlikely you will find a complete list anywhere.

That fridge is hard to find for a good price (unless you buy it off CL). Not sure what model people are converting now.

Don't be afraid to use a larger refrigerator. As popular as it is that little 4.9 cu-ft model is, it uses 316 kwh a year (64.5 kwh/cu-ft). There are lots of much larger ones like the Woods 18 cu-ft that only uses 319 kwh a year (17.7 kwh/cu-ft) that hold a lot more beer for the same operating cost. The energy star web site has a big table with most refrigerators listed.

Paul

I agree with the OP. Google is terrible for finding what he is looking for, all I found was the occasional reference to an individual fridge someone used (usually the 4912 which I wasn't having luck finding). A list would be a worthwhile thing to compile listing capacity, inner dimensions, and whether it is safe to drill the top.
I'd love to see people post those details on here (plus links to their conversion if they posted details) and see it compiled into a list. I already finished my conversion but I know others would appreciate it.

The wiki has a kegerator page that links to a couple howto's. That would seem like a good place for a list like that since it can be edited in place instead of having to scroll through a thread seeing if a model is still available.

If you can use a larger fridge you can usually find them cheap on CL and you will probably find that the extra freezer space is really nice to have for hard liquor or just space for frozen food.

If you can use a larger fridge you can usually find them cheap on CL and you will probably find that the extra freezer space is really nice to have for hard liquor or just space for frozen food.

The freezer would be nice for frosted mugs, too.

:mug:

Ya know, if folks wanted to give their make and model they used, how many cornys it fit and any other useful information about it, I'd be willing to compile a page with all the information for people to refer to. I'd find it useful to be able to look at a page and know how it would work.

The space thing was my problem too (I live in a tiny manhattan apartment). That was why it was important to find a small fridge that would work for my needs. I probably put too much work getting my haier wine cooler working, Barelywater I'm surprised to see that someone else went through the trouble to make it work (maybe you have a different model/approach?).

The Oster 5.0cf fridge is a perfect replacement for the Sanyo 4912 that appears to be discontinued.

It fits 2 cornies with a CO2 tank perfectly and you don't have to take the inside door panel off. It's a bit pricey new, but it looks good as well.

Mike

Mine is a Danby:

2961-BeerTower.jpg

2961-TowerKegs.jpg

The freezer part on most dorm refrigerators is very pliable. The freezer needs to be metal and serve as the cooling mechanism. With a little care you can unscrew the mounts from one side, and easily bend what forms the box for the freezer so it extends down vertically. I did this with a Magic Chef bought at Home Depot for $89 and converted it to a kegerator. It will hold just one keg but this is among the smaller units, I had some space contraints.

Back