Ohhhhh, I'm naughty!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm only slightly inebriated, but I saw a pound of Nelson Sauvin for a reasonable price and I bought it just now as SWMBO is sleeping. Shall I tell her in the morning or wait to see her reaction when the package arrives? Either way I'm going to hear some **** about it. I'm just trying to decide which way will more entertaining. Thoughts?

Limit two pounds on this particular site. Probably should have bought the second pound, in hindsight, but on the bright side that's $25 I can spend on something else.

its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. thats what im going with when my pound of amarillo leaf hops show up

So I went ahead and capitalized on the opportunity to get a prank in with this. I sat down and took SWMBO's hand and said in a serious and somber a tone as I could muster, "I have a confession to make." She gets that seriously serious concerned look on her face as I pause for dramatic effect. I proceed to tell her what I did and she slaps me, calls me a jerk for scaring and tells me she doesn't mind that I bought hops without asking her. Should I see how far I can take this buying things without her knowing thing?

Oh man, thats a favorite trick of mine. Actually, the "I have a confession" thing should go on my "Messing with SWMBO" thread, since its so oft-utilized.

Best example I can think of right now...

"Sweetheart, I have a confession to make, I dont want you to be too angry"
"WHAT?!... Ok, no... seriously... just tell me what happened"
"You know that girl who shaved her head at the bar? I fed her some of my pineapple"
"You... wait... pineapple?... what's going on?!?"

Oh man, thats a favorite trick of mine. Actually, the "I have a confession" thing should go on my "Messing with SWMBO" thread, since its so oft-utilized.

Best example I can think of right now...

"Sweetheart, I have a confession to make, I dont want you to be too angry"
"WHAT?!... Ok, no... seriously... just tell me what happened"
"You know that girl who shaved her head at the bar? I fed her some of my pineapple"
"You... wait... pineapple?... what's going on?!?"

Nice! I actually thought about posting this in "Messing with SWMBO" and just referencing this thread.

Wait till you come back with 100+ pounds of grain. Try hiding that. PS the grain should be in by next week.

I did this recently, only besides the NS there was 7 lbs of other hops. I'll just act perplexed when they show up, and pretend I didn't order them.

Btw have you ever tried the NS? I have never tried them, but I know they are like Citra in that some people like them while others don't.

I did this recently, only besides the NS there was 7 lbs of other hops. I'll just act perplexed when they show up, and pretend I didn't order them.

Btw have you ever tried the NS? I have never tried them, but I know they are like Citra in that some people like them while others don't.

I just put some in an APA as dry hops and they smell awesome after 4 days. Probably going to bottle this weekend.

If you think ordering a pound of hops will make SWMBO upset . . . I am a dead man, I pulled apart the old (already retired) washing machine to get the motor. Now I am building a parts list to build a motorized mill . . .

I better come up with a good christmas present for her.

Wait till you come back with 100+ pounds of grain. Try hiding that. PS the grain should be in by next week.

Holy crap I totally missed this post. I just assumed this thread had already run it's course so I just jumped straight to the last post at the time. I made my order pre-SWMBO discussion, but I talked to her into it anyway. I would have felt like a dick if I'd have had to cancel my order. Luckily all is well. I am excited to have 150-ish# of grain. I'm especially excited about the Munich. I've been wanting to do a Munich-something SMaSH.

If you think ordering a pound of hops will make SWMBO upset . . . I am a dead man, I pulled apart the old (already retired) washing machine to get the motor. Now I am building a parts list to build a motorized mill . . .

I better come up with a good christmas present for her.

Ehhh... I wouldn't think twice about cannibalizing a part from an already retired appliance. As long we both agreed beforehand that the appliance was indeed retired, I would have license to do as I pleased.

Also, bring me some Heady Topper you mudder fyooker!

Back