HomeBrewSupply.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi jekeane. I moved this to the Homebrew Supply thread in Company Reviews, wasn't sure if you knew it existed, but maybe other customers of HBS will be able to give you their thoughts and experiences. FWIW, I've been a customer and had a positive experience, although I tend to buy from an online vendor who is much closer to me. You might give them a call and talk with someone about your issue, for the future. Find out what their shipping schedule is, if the delay this time was a one time thing or if you need to order further ahead (if you want to), etc. Good luck with your brew day.

A couple of days ago Homebrewsupply sent out an email on liquidating their wine kits. I ordered two island mist kits and a RJ Spagnols white zinfandel kit. I received my order today
The island mist kits appear fne. but I noticed that the box the zinfandel kit was in seemed kind of sloshy. When I opened the box I found that the the kit was not in the manufactures box. They had taken the contents of the kit iand put it into a large plastic bag. The juice bag has leaked and the ingredient bag is saturated. I have not opened the bag to even see if
everything is there. The kits were on liquidation. but this cost me $52 plus shipping. I called their customer service and got a voice mail recording that was not even the number they give. Don't know how these folks could take my money and send a kit that is literally garbage. Hopefully I will hear something back from them. I attached pictures of the kit I received

20170622_154931.jpg

20170622_154959.jpg

A couple of days ago Homebrewsupply sent out an email on liquidating their wine kits. I ordered two island mist kits and a RJ Spagnols white zinfandel kit. I received my order today
The island mist kits appear fne. but I noticed that the box the zinfandel kit was in seemed kind of sloshy. When I opened the box I found that the the kit was not in the manufactures box. They had taken the contents of the kit iand put it into a large plastic bag. The juice bag has leaked and the ingredient bag is saturated. I have not opened the bag to even see if
everything is there. The kits were on liquidation. but this cost me $52 plus shipping. I called their customer service and got a voice mail recording that was not even the number they give. Don't know how these folks could take my money and send a kit that is literally garbage. Hopefully I will hear something back from them. I attached pictures of the kit I received

Hey There!

I'm so sorry to hear about that! I'm not sure why you weren't able to connect with our customer service team. They've gone home for the day, but if you email them with these pictures and your order number, they'll be able to give you a refund first thing tomorrow.

Cheers!

Thank you. I have sent the email with pictures and order # 100038388 . I will look to hear from them in the morning.

I am not sure what is going on with homebrewsupply but they have gone from a company that I wrote positive reviews and referred people to (great service, good folks to work with quick shipping. Just a good bunch to work with) but that has changed into a business I would hesitate to recommend. I posted the reply above about the wine kit I received that was not in the original package. I purchased the kit during their wine kit liquidation. In the same order I purchased two Orchard beezin' kits. I went to make one of the kits and discovered it is 18 months old. For those not familiar with wine kits, manufactures say they have a shelf life of about a year. Most companies I work with would either not sell an 18 month old kit or would make sure you knew what you were getting. Homebrewsupply did neither. What kind of company would sell an 18 month kit without letting you know it was that old. It would be like selling out of date dry yeast without telling you. I have put together the one kit and am keeping my fingers crossed it will work,. Just really disappointing.

With their recent liquidation 40% off sale I assume they are either drastically reducing their business or closing up shop.

I had a several very frustrating experiences with them
one that put me out several planned vacation brew days due to "same day shipping" taking over a week to leave the shop.
another that involved a specific grain that they shipped me that was full of grain beetles. Literally 1000's of them. This first I had't realized until i had milled my grain and dumped the remaining unmilled into my grain bin (infecting it) The second time I got the same malt but thankfully noticed the bag was teeming with bugs before I opened it.

They credited my account and sent me a coupon which was fine but the hassle of losing 3 brew days was enough for me to not recommend them.

Glad to see they are not leaving. With the exception of the last orders I placed I always had good experiences with Homebrewsupply and they more than responded and handled the couple problems I had.

Latest posts

Back