What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First taste of my Belgian Strong Dark...brewed Dec 28, bottled Jan 6. Surprised that it is drinkable this soon! 8.14% ABV...whew!

IMAG2400.jpg

Yuengling Lager... I have a total of 2 bottles of home brew left... not counting the 10 that I've got set back for a friend.

Man I hate buying beer. I don't mind Yuengling, and I like a number of other commercial/craft beers, but I just hate... hate... HATE buying beer just because I'm out of home brew. I guess I don't mind buying the occasional six pack or two, but I just can't stand being out of home brew. I guess I just enjoy my beer.

I have 15 gallons fermenting and enough grain for another 5 gallon batch. I think I'm going to brew like hell for the next couple of months to get way ahead and try to stay ahead.

Recipe?? Been lookng for something like this!
Having a Gnight and almost done cooking Skyline Chili clone.

Very easy. Use grade B maple syrup (the dark stuff). Trader Joes is the only reliable place around here I can find it (Whole Foods may have it too, but I never go in there). I did 3 lbs in one gallon, and treated it exactly like a mead (with staggered nutrient additions per one of the stickies in the mead section of the forum). Used Lalvin EC-1118. Went to 0.990.

tripplehazzard said:
The head on this is like a root beer float.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Ive been wanting to try that. Ive heard a ton of good things.

This is my first time with this. Very earthy and spicy. Letting it warm now. Not what i was expecting. Pretty good.

Picked it up along with these guys today.

image-2839503956.jpg

image-1613056807.jpg

Could use some more hop flavor, but overall, pretty decent. I'm glad I have 5 more! uploadfromtaptalk1390183663656.jpg

Was tasked with tasting some Joseph Wesley tea to decide which one to use in a recipe at the brewery. Was given The Lapsong Souchong, Dian Hong Congfu, and the Keemun Congfu and just tried them all to see which one would work best. I liked the Keemun Congfu the best and really want to use that one, but it is also pretty light. The Lapsong Souchong was a close second and I see it going well with something like a saison. The Dian Hong Congfu was woody/earthy and I don't see it going well in a beer. Now to cleanse the palate with some beer.

I noticed all the teams playing represent huge beer Mecca in the U.S.. . Lol.. he who has the best beer wins

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

What a great year brewed 100G this last year and learned so much from this site studing the brews that are being posted here and the Seahawks won! What a crazy game Im glad the ball got coughed up on the one even. Go Hawks! Celebrating!

freakcake.jpg

Back