So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cleaned up after a batch of APA. I "accidentally" added and extra 1.5 oz of cluster I had lying around after the hot break died, and "unintentionally" upped each of the 10, 5, and 0 min additions to 2 oz. I'm going to call this an IPA light.

my hop schedule is:

1 oz Cascade at 60 minutes
1 oz Cas. at 20 minutes
1 oz Cas. at flameout

we'll see how it ends up!

I brewed a porter based on Biermuncher's Black Pearl Porter. I messed up a little on it tho. I forgot the 4oz of Coffee Malt I was planning on using and I boiled off too much so I ended up with 5.75 gals at 10.5% instead of 7 gals. So I just decided this is dumb and I went and boiled another gal of water to add to the fermentor. This should drop me down a little on the alc and give me about 6.5gals after the yeast take their share.

Getting ready to strike the water for my first somewhat original recipe. An 1.053 ESB.

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 7.14 gal
Estimated OG: 1.053 SG
Estimated Color: 13.7 SRM
Estimated IBU: 36.0 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item
8.0 oz Rice Hulls (0.0 SRM)
8 lbs Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM)
10.0 oz Biscuit Malt (23.0 SRM)
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt -150L (150.0 SRM)
8.0 oz Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM)
0.75 oz Fuggles [4.50 %] (60 min)
0.75 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (60 min)
0.50 oz Fuggles [4.50 %] (30 min)
0.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (30 min)
0.50 oz Fuggles [4.50 %] (0 min)
0.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (0 min)
0.50 tsp Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) (Mash 60.0 min)
0.50 tsp Yeast Nutrient (Boil 5.0 min)
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 5.0 min)
8.0 oz Brown Sugar, Dark (50.0 SRM)
1 Pkgs London Ale III (Wyeast Labs #1318) [1400ml Starter]

Me! Just took out the grains, bringing wort to a boil to add the extract on my (hopefully) Irish red! Bottled an ESB yesterday, and racked a czech pilsner to lager a week ago

First original recipe by the way! Hope it turns out well!

2 firsts this weekend for me:

Satuday ( today ) brewing my first lager - and since I'm lagering ata friends place an hour away, I will not be tempted to mess with it early - so I'm doing my Octoberfest - should be wonderfully mellow, given 8 months...

Sunday - I'm playing with "bugs" - gonna brew a kit Hefe from the LHBS, but use Lambic Blend - let it run a week or two, and pitch on 192 oz of Oregon Raspberry puree .....

Well, LHBS did not have Lambic Blend, so instead making a blonde, and gonna secondary it over Apricot puree...

Brewing a Chimay Red clone. Mashing, typing, and drinking a real Chimay all at the same time. And it's not starting to sleet in the middle of my brewday this time. :mug:

just got done bottling a maibock. haven't any idea on what i'll brew next. maybe i may brew a wheat. at the rate i'm going, i'll have the wheat bottled and ready to drink by the time summer comes :rolleyes:

brewed a 'best bitter' this afternoon. breaking out of my 'cal ale' streak, using WLP005 for the first time.

Not really brewing per say but the wife and I made our first batch of Ed Wort's Apfelwein. Really hoping we like it, being so easy to make and all. :mug:

SWMBO was at her Mom's this weekend, so decided to brew up a couple session beers. Made my first 10 gal brown ale I'll call Smooth Brown. Also did my first wheat, a 10 gal batch with wheat, pale, munich and vienna + tangerine zest, marmalade and corriander. All bubbling away nicely this morning.

I'll be brewing this weekend. A nice APA. Hopefully the barley crusher gets delivered in time.

today i did 5 gallons of brewer's best ipa, 1 gallon of joe's ancient orange mead, and 1 gallon of joe's quick grape mead.

Holiday yesterday here in Ontario, so I brewed Janet's Brown again.. but I forgot the pound of C40! And I wondered why my OG was way off.. hope it turns out.

Took advantage of a short day yesterday and brewed up a amber steam beer. Its a bit of a mut and not really to style, but I think its going to be pretty delicious.

I'm brewin' again this coming Saturday. 15g last weekend and this coming 5g will fill both of my ferm chambers. Unless I build a collar for one or both of them?

That's exaclty what I did. I just added a pound of DME which will bring up my OG at least. Should help balance the IBU's anyway.. just won't get the caramel from the c40.

Couldn't you theoretically do the same thing with the c-40? Steep it for a bit, maybe bring to a boil for a few, cool, and toss it in?

This weekend is a no go, Barley Crusher is still in transit, next weekend for sure.

Latest posts

Back