Rehydration Problem (maybe)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasiala

Reaction score
I just brewed a batch today, and decided to rehydrate a packet of Safale 05. I'm sure it won't be a problem, but I fear I might have messed it up. I boiled 1 cup of water for 15 minutes, poured it into a glass jar, waited for it to cool, and then pitched the yeast in. I stirred immediately and it started clumping real bad. I kept stirring until it dissolved and went on to boil my brew. In about a half hour it started to foam up in the jar (i did not proof it). It sat in there for almost 90 minutes until I was ready to pitch. When I did pitch it seemed as though I got most of it out except for a few sludgy bits around the edge of the jar where it had foamed up. Should I repitch? Or am I worrying too much?

Yeah,you're fine. I use a fork sprayed with some starsan to stir the re-hydrated yeast up real good right before I pitch it into the FV of wort.

Back