Pissed off at ASH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy

Reaction score
I just wasted an hour driving around at night in the rain looking for the meeting at Arizona Society of Homebrewers. The only directions I got was it was at BJ's brewery in Chandler (population about 500,000). No address or cross street or anything. Looked up their address were they were suppose to be on the Internet but when my wife and I went to look, we couldn't find it anywhere. Guess what! They don't believe in putting up building numbers in Chandler. My guess is if they did that you might figure out where the hell you are. After an hour, we gave up and went to Chey's for drinks. I was looking forward to the Octoberfest this Saturday but now I can't. It's for members only and I can't join if I can find the f**king meeting! I've never been to BJ's but I'm suppose to read someone mind on how to get there. Thanks a lot A** H***! :mad: The local brew stores don't know when or where the Octoberfest is at and they don't have any signup sheets to join ASH like I was told by the club president when I emailed him. I was hoping to meet a group of people to show me how to brew some great beer. I want to join but am not getting any help from their group at all with a simple task of "Where the hell are you?". If that's how you're going to be then KISS MY ASS! That's my rant.:mad:

Sorry to hear that. Can't you e-mail the president and ask him where it's located? I live in Phoenix, so I don't know where these guys are located, and I can't really find their website. You say that they were meeting at BJ's brewery in Chandler? Did you go there?

Dude, after 30 seconds of Googling, this place isn't that hard to find. There's even pictures...it appears to be right next to the Harley dealer.

bjs.jpg

bjs2.jpg

Not a big fan of BJ's. Didn't really care for a heavy, dark beer when I was looking for something to drink in Mesa in July.

I need to get out to AZ again soon. I love it out there. I'll probably be living out there in a few years.

I want to appoligize for making an a** of my self with my rant. I guess it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I work for a student loan company and congress just passed a bill lowering the interest rates for student loans. Unfortunatly, to be able to afford to do this they cut the money that goes to student by several billion dollars. ( I don't know how many) Several thousand students that qualified for student loans won't after October 1st. I work in IT but the pulled us all off to make calls to the students to explain what was going on and to see what we could do the get them some funding so they could stay in school. I guess being yelled at for 13 hours was not my idea of fun. So, I got home late and got the wife to head down to Chandler. ( I live in north Mesa so a long drive) On the way it starts to rain. Any where else in the world you would turn on the wipers and drive on. But not in Phoenix. Here they slow to 10 miles an hour on the freeway to look at the wet stuff falling from the sky wondering what it is. When I got down there, I couldn't find the brewery where google said it should be. Then I'm trying to look for the place with these huge trucks that everyone and their dog likes to drive here and nobody in cars can see around. I guess the combination of work, stupid drivers, fat stupid trucks, not finding the brewery combined with being nervous about going to the ASH meeting and not knowing what to expect, I had enough. After my second Blue Moon at Chey's, I started my rant on my palm. My wife said that I'd regret it and guess what. She was right. Wild, you're a great man and I'm sorry for bad mouthing ASH. I was out of line and I hope you can forgive me. I stepped on some toes that didn't need to be stepped on. I hope to see you there when I can get away from work.

Bad directions happen. Our last HoV meeting's directions left out a very important turn. I passed a van full of members headed north (having missed the turn). They recognized my Sprinter & turned around.

Anyone who tries to get to my house using a GPS system, ends up stuck in Hog Hollow. I'm old enough, I check the e-maps against the paper ones.

flyboy said:
I work for a student loan company and congress just passed a bill lowering the interest rates for student loans.

Are you the jerks in Arizona that keep sendding me the junk mail about consolidating my student loans?:p Do you know how many trees you have killed? (OK I am joking, I recycle my junk mail:D )

flyboy said:
Wild, you're a great man and I'm sorry for bad mouthing ASH. I was out of line and I hope you can forgive me. I stepped on some toes that didn't need to be stepped on. I hope to see you there when I can get away from work.
No problems flyboy. I never took offense. The Oktoberfest was grand. Four out of the six kegs we had floated in two hours. The fastest was a Meadmosa (6-year old mead and OJ) and the second to go was Root beer Mead. Lots of great beers and raffle prizes. Good time was had by all. Don't miss next year.

Wild

Back