Amazing what a difference a day makes!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r8rphan

Reaction score
DAMN! This beer is good..

It is the second half of my first AG brew..

I haven't established a pipeline yet (soon though), so I'm habitually drinking beer too soon... but man this stuff is suddenly way better than last night..

The first half, was fermented with SA04, too warm... and tapped too soon (I ran out of the delicious extract APA I was drinking)... It was a MoreBeer American IPA AG kit (I ordered two and did a 10G batch)...

Anyways, it sat in the carboy for about 13 days, and was transferred to a corney where it where it secondaried for a couple days, and then into the kegerator . cold crashed, force carbed and was in the glass three days later..

this 'second' half was fermented with SA05, sat in the carboy 19 days, was transferred to the corny where it secondaried for a couple more days, and then went into the kegerator and was cold carbed for several days, and then force carbed when I ran out of the other half..

It had a slightly sweeter taste to it, but at the same time was more bitter.. In fact a little too bitter for the malt to offset.. Been drinking it since Saturday or Sunday...

But between last night and today (it's a bit early but I have the day off, and I'm a bit bored), it mellowed 'drastically'.. Amazing how much difference 24 hours can make..

This stuff is 'delicious!'..

I can't wait till I get the pipeline established, and I can allow beers to properly 'age'.. before tapping them...

Signs of good things to come!

I'm the same way.. I had just gotten kinda good at aging in bottles and I got a kegging setup for Christmas.. Now I'm back drinking it WAY to early !

I'm thinking of going straight to the glass from the mash tun... Skipping that pesky primary and carbing ...

I'm the same way.. I had just gotten kinda good at aging in bottles and I got a kegging setup for Christmas.. Now I'm back drinking it WAY to early !

I'm thinking of going straight to the glass from the mash tun... Skipping that pesky primary and carbing ...

Now hold on here bucko!.. Let's not do anything 'rash'...

OTOH, why not just eat the grains, hops and yeast, and go sit in the hot tub?

Become the equiment, so to speak!
:mug:

Latest posts

Back