DogFish Head 120 Minute & WWS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_T

Reaction score
So I tried a couple DFH brews over the weekend and wanted to see what everyone else thinks of these.

Here's the 120-minute. Although I have had this before, aging for about a year definitely changed this for the better.

Picture166.jpg

And here's the World Wide Stout. This was a first for me and I thought is was great. Very complex and delicious.

Picture.jpg

ohhhhh you're so lucky!
we can only get the regular 60minute IPA at our liquor store!
I'd love to try out all their different flavors.

time is a good friend for both of these beers. i really like the 120 at year 3. as for the WWS i had the '05 on draft last year in NYC that was awesome. i only have 2 bottles left in my basement, an '07 & '09 of the WWS.

I tried one WWS; it must have been young or something, because it left me rather underwhelmed. Really sweet and while it was recognizable as a stout, not one of my favorites.

Still haven't found 120; will want to try that.

I tried one WWS; it must have been young or something, because it left me rather underwhelmed. Really sweet and while it was recognizable as a stout, not one of my favorites.

Still haven't found 120; will want to try that.

UNDERwhelmed?! I'm not sure what you've been brewing over there, but I wouldn't think to describe a beer at 18% as such! :D

Not saying I brew great beers or something, but it tasted kinda like a stunt beer to me; it was 18%, it was a bit hot (as expected, and this may go away with age) and it was *really* sweet. Didn't seem well-balanced to me.

I'm willing to believe it was a young example that should be aged a bit, but that's what I got.

I got my hands on a 120 last weekend. It was the richest food I have every tasted and yes I found it way too sweet. I like hops and really like Dogfish 60 and assumed it would be an extension of that one, but its totally different. Wasn't very hoppy at all. Mine wasn't aged much, but I still can't imagine it being 'good' after a few years for my tastes. It was fun trying one, but its more for the novelty and I doubt I'd buy it again : )

I got my hands on a 120 last weekend. It was the richest food I have every tasted and yes I found it way too sweet. I like hops and really like Dogfish 60 and assumed it would be an extension of that one, but its totally different. Wasn't very hoppy at all. Mine wasn't aged much, but I still can't imagine it being 'good' after a few years for my tastes. It was fun trying one, but its more for the novelty and I doubt I'd buy it again : )

At 450 calories per bottle it is absolutely a meal. They have a 90 minute that is a good extension of the 60 if you can get your hands on it.

THe 90 minute is my favorite commercial beer but I can't handle the 120. I had the Burton Baton which is the 90 minute that's been aged in oak barrels at a brewfest last weekend and it was ungodly!

THe 90 minute is my favorite commercial beer but I can't handle the 120. I had the Burton Baton which is the 90 minute that's been aged in oak barrels at a brewfest last weekend and it was ungodly!

I do like 120 minute, but it was kind of a let down to me after scouting for it for a few months after trying the 90 minute. And agreed , the 90 minute is probably the best commercial beer I have ever had. As good as the 120 is, it is just a little too much.

The 90 minute is exceptional. Once I moved to an area that carries it, I sort of stopped picking up the 60. Maybe sometime I'll have have a 60 and 90 back to back to compare. To me, the 120 is more like a barley wine than the IPA it claims to be.

Back