Hello from San Diego!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krugulitis

Reaction score
Hello all,

As evidenced by the title, I am from San Diego. I have been brewing for about a year now and I brew partial mash, as well as extract with steeping grains depending on what I am making (moving to all grain isn't feasible given my current set up's limitations). I don't know why it has taken me so long to finally start posting on this forum/join the site, but I have often stumbled upon it when looking for answers to my brewing queries online. Currently I have a Russian Imperial Stout fermenting in my primary, a Porter in secondary aging on some heavy toast French oak cubes that I soaked in Buffalo Trace bourbon, and a Pumpkin pie ale bottle conditioning. I hope that with the combined wisdom of the members of this site I can continue to grow and progress as a brewer!

Best,
Matt

Welcome!

I'm in SD as well, Pacific Beach to be exact. Just started brewing last month and have 2 in the primary, 1 in secondary and 1 bottle conditioning. Next up is an apfelwein on thursday.

I'm going to be joining our local club, QUAFF, which meets every third tuesday of the month.

Welcome to QUAFF

Welcome to the forums. It's the good folks in your fine town, that are members here on HBT, that hooked me up with some places to visit that had some very tasty brews this last summer while vacationing there last June.

Welcome to the Forum from Clairemont, you should find a tone of good resources here to help you, and ton's of knowledgeable people to help answer you questions here.

Sounds like you have quite a few cool brews going right now!

Hey Matt,

Welcome to HBT. Would love to know how the Porter with the French oak cubes turns out. I've been looking forward to brewing with some other interesting ingredients like that.

Ben

I have been tasting it periodically over the last few weeks before I bottle it - and it tastes amazing. I have added a bit of bourbon to round out the flavor a bit more. I like the heavy toast on the oak cubes - gives it a subtle smokey flavor. I used some special B in my recipe too and it has worked really well with the other flavors in the beer. Bottling sometime this week - keep you posted on the results.

Another San Diegan here. I have been extract/SG brewing on and off for years. I am finally going to step up and start making some All Grain. This forum has been a huge help in educating me. thanks guys!

Back