Hello from Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COMiamiFan

N00b
Reaction score
Hello all. New from CO as the thread title says :)

New to home brewing, but not new to forums.

First batch was an amber ale that ended up so-so, but great learnings from my first mistakes.

LVSB7659.JPG

Second batch was a Belgian Saison that came out damn tasty! Finally success LOL

IMG_4020.JPG

Now in the process of making an American Wheat infused with blueberries; currently fermenting.

Being my third batch I make I'm am no where near in having the experience and skills y'all have, but hope to learn and get at least 1/4 of the knowledge everyone on here has.

Cheers and thanks for having me.

CO, welcome to home brewing, and we're glad to have you on HBT (I am anyway). Sometimes it's good to get a fresh new perspective from someone who might questions about things we've either never thought about, haven't considered in a while. It sounds like you're off to a good start. Keep up the good work, and brews, and don't hesitate to ask questions or ask for advise. You can take a look at the recipes for inspiration or ideas.

CO, welcome to home brewing, and we're glad to have you on HBT (I am anyway). Sometimes it's good to get a fresh new perspective from someone who might questions about things we've either never thought about, haven't considered in a while. It sounds like you're off to a good start. Keep up the good work, and brews, and don't hesitate to ask questions or ask for advise. You can take a look at the recipes for inspiration or ideas.
Thanks. You can be sure I will be lurking around. I'll also make sure to use the search bar before posting questions LOL

LOL didn't even know that was a thing. If I ever get to that level of brewing I will make sure to tag you in a post.

i learned from the distillers.....;)

edit: and if it was 'a thing', theese guys would blow me out of the water in a week, have moister sensors and all kinds of crap! automatic timers for their tumblers....etc, etc....gear motors, but anyway...all-grain or extract for you right now for those pretty pints?

Well, that's hilarious. I live near Pines and 196th. I asked because I have a son who lives in Grand Junction.
Grand Junction is way west of me.

On a side note, is there a post limit per day on this forum? Got an error message yesterday saying I have met my 5 post per day limit.

Not quite sure how to answer that beeing a noob and all, but here I'm thinking both. Seep grains and adding LME as called for.

I’d call that extract brewing. Partial mash or mini mash is a little different animal where a portion of your fermentables are derived from mashing a smaller size grain bill. Steeping grains used with extract are mostly for color and flavor.

Grand Junction is way west of me.

On a side note, is there a post limit per day on this forum? Got an error message yesterday saying I have met my 5 post per day limit.

I know new members have a limit until they've been here for a day or so. It's to make sure there is not a flood of spammers as occasionally they will post about 100+ times if there is no brakes.
I am pretty sure that you're past that limit now and can keep posting.

I know new members have a limit until they've been here for a day or so. It's to make sure there is not a flood of spammers as occasionally they will post about 100+ times if there is no brakes.
I am pretty sure that you're past that limit now and can keep posting.
OK thanks. Hopefully now that I've proven I'm not a bot, I don't have a limit

Hello! I grew up in the northwest of Colorado, in the Arvada, Broomfiled, and Boulder areas. Post graduation, I’ve since moved out to the Bay Area. I still have family out in Colorado, so am there at least once or twice a year. I miss it terribly.

By chance I was recruiting at the University of Colorado during the Great American Beer Festival. I grabbed a last-minute ticket and was pretty impressed with the event (although initially confused by the 1 oz. pours). Have you ever attended the event?

Hello! I grew up in the northwest of Colorado, in the Arvada, Broomfiled, and Boulder areas. Post graduation, I’ve since moved out to the Bay Area. I still have family out in Colorado, so am there at least once or twice a year. I miss it terribly.

By chance I was recruiting at the University of Colorado during the Great American Beer Festival. I grabbed a last-minute ticket and was pretty impressed with the event (although initially confused by the 1 oz. pours). Have you ever attended the event?
Unfortunately, no I haven't attended. Always something going on that has stopped me from going :(

Back