just finished my second AG brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawbrewing

Reaction score
yeah i know, i just did my FIRST AG brew on saturday, but i couldn't wait for number 2! :ban: "i got a fever.....and the only cure is..... more AG brew!" :drunk:

it was an ESB from a recipe i found online. it was an extract recipe, and i converted it to AG.

10.25lbs of 6row pale

3/4lb of crystal 60

1/4lb of toasted barley

1/2lb of carapils

1.5oz of willamette for 60minutes

1 oz of tettnang for 15minutes

and i will be dry hopping with 1oz of tettang when i rack to secondary.

wyeast smack pack britishale 1098 yeast.

i put the recipe up on beertools and it was 100% compliance across the board, and it had an estimated OG of 1.056 and i hit that dead on!

this time i batch sparged a little bit shy of 6.5gallons in my brewpot instead of 6gallons like my first AG brew, and it evaporated to right at 5 gallons, so that was good also.

i'm excited for this one to be done, my pallete just recently aquired a taste for ESB's, and i'm craving one right now.

all you people scared of going AG, DO IT! i was petrified, i only had two extract brews under my belt, and all in all, my total cost to get my two coolers, and fittings from home depot, i was under $75.00 and the experience is so much more satisfying, and i'm sure my brews will taste ten times better.

brian williams said:
i only had two extract brews under my belt, and all in all, my total cost to get my two coolers, and fittings from home depot, i was under $75.00 and the experience is so much more satisfying, and i'm sure my brews will taste ten times better.

Could you make a thread itemizing your purchases and steps? I am new to this forum and need some AG help. Or is there a thread you used to design/build your system?

Thanks, hope your brew turned out well.

mcdeadstein said:
Could you make a thread itemizing your purchases and steps? I am new to this forum and need some AG help. Or is there a thread you used to design/build your system?

Run a search or check the wiki, there are tons of equipment threads plus a great tutorial by FlyGuy on how to convert a cooler to an MLT.

Back