Another Perlick group buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All Perlicks on sale now until the end of Friday or when we run out of stock, which ever comes first. Here is a link:
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=perlick

We just received more Perlick faucets including the new 575ss creamer faucet. This is the faucet that Midwest Supplies sells for $49.99 our price is $29.99 while they last.

I am not going to post the prices in the forum because months from now people will ask if the price is the same and it won't be.

Forrest

Woooh, so what's this shank people are talking about. I need that for a kegerator right? Can someone link it to me on AHS.

Woooh, so what's this shank people are talking about. I need that for a kegerator right? Can someone link it to me on AHS.

Stainless shank, (Add fitting kit at the bottom too)
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_40_271_129_368&products_id=11230

Chrome shank, (add fitting kit at the bottom too)
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_40_271_129_368&products_id=1246

"shank" in the AHS search engine will also find you them....:drunk:

Placed an order

Bought the 525 chrome 2 inch shank and elbowed tailpiece. I didn't get the fitting because it said for 1/4 and I got 3/16.

What do I do? (also got the beer nut and beer washer)

Placed an order

Bought the 525 chrome 2 inch shank and elbowed tailpiece. I didn't get the fitting because it said for 1/4 and I got 3/16.

What do I do? (also got the beer nut and beer washer)

To reduce foaming you want to put 3/16 hose on a 1/4 inch barb. The reduction will reduce foaming.

Forrest

To reduce foaming you want to put 3/16 hose on a 1/4 inch barb. The reduction will reduce foaming.

Forrest

ahhh, the OD/ID monster strikes again :mad:

Why can't we, as a people, just decide to go with ONE measurement, or to specify WHICH we are using at any time?

(Edit: not a dig at you Forrest, just a general frustration when it comes to any piping/tubing application -- we call it 3/16" tubing, tell every kegging noob they want 3/16" tubing, and then name the piece it goes into a `1/4" tailpiece`. Same problem when I built an IC. Bought 1/2" copper pipe, needed a 3/8" copper pipe fitting for it....1/2" OD, 3/8" ID.)

Nice I purchased a creamer, a standard perlick, and 2 recipe kits. This deal gave me a good excuse to try out some of your kits rather than drive over to midwest since shipping is the same no matter what. Thanks for offering us this deal!

Am I right in seeing that there are no shanks to fit my existing tower?

Can the creamer faucet be used as a regular faucet? Then if you want more foam you push back instead of forward?

Does that mean I don't need the tailpieces? Great I already places my order.

Where do I get the fittings now? It's too late since I already placed te order

i just made this worth your while Forrest! I also ordered a crap load for all my new kegging/kegerator projects. thanks a ton!

Shawn

what is the 1/4" chrome fitting kit that is sold with shanks? Is this instead of using a tailpiece to connect the beer line or is it something I need in addition to the tailpiece?

Got mine as Forrest posted the alert. Decided to upgrade one of the 525s to the 575 creamer. Why not at those prices?

Gave a friend that lurks here a heads up this morning, and he emailed me 10 minutes before Forrest even posted that the deal was up and active.

This is gonna rule! :rockin:

because I didnt get the 1/4 fitting. is the 1/4 fitting just an alternative to a tailpiece? because if it is I could've totally not bought elbow tails and saved money :(

We have run out of 525ss faucets already. We have a lot more coming next Tuesday. I will continue to take orders and ship them then so you can have the sale price. Once we run out of the number we have coming next Tuesday the sale will end.

Forrest

because I didnt get the 1/4 fitting. is the 1/4 fitting just an alternative to a tailpiece? because if it is I could've totally not bought elbow tails and saved money :(

i think the 1/4" fitting is the tailpiece, so you are fine. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Just bought two faucets, a couple shanks, and a bitter kit... so now I have (most of) the parts for my kegerator, and soon I'll have some beer to fill it with.

Forrest, thanks for being one of the absolute best retailers I've used. I looks forward to ordering more stuff from austin homebrew... just as soon as I talk the wife into it ;)

i think the 1/4" fitting is the tailpiece, so you are fine. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

It's either/or. A tailpiece goes on the shank regardless, but elmetal may feel that he overspent and got the elbow tails.

Look on the bright side - it may help you make a cleaner installation. :eek:

well, I am making a tap tower out of 3" pvc so with a 2 inch shank an elbow piece os sort of needed.

question is, will I get foaming on the elbow shanks?

(I also need to upgrade my lines to 10')

last question, where can I get tubing that will handle hot water? I have a system where my brewpot will heat spargewater and through the ball valve I was thinking heat resistant tubing down to a makshift sparge arm to fly sparge so I can control sparge flow and everything

thanks

(I have plenty of vinyl tubing that gets white after boiling water gets through. I just want to kn9w if there's something that won't affect beer taste)

well, I am making a tap tower out of 3" pvc so with a 2 inch shank an elbow piece os sort of needed.

question is, will I get foaming on the elbow shanks?

(I also need to upgrade my lines to 10')

last question, where can I get tubing that will handle hot water? I have a system where my brewpot will heat spargewater and through the ball valve I was thinking heat resistant tubing down to a makshift sparge arm to fly sparge so I can control sparge flow and everything

thanks

(I have plenty of vinyl tubing that gets white after boiling water gets through. I just want to kn9w if there's something that won't affect beer taste)

Silicone tubing will handle the heat....
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=8102

now the question is:

what else should I buy to make the buy worthwhile (shipping) since all I need is 3 feet of silicone tubing... lol

Back