Beer starter with malz beer(whith out alcool)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azgael

Reaction score
Hello I new to home brew anyway as a challenge I start, just hope not to be disappointed on some of the first try's.

I have request from the Internet all ingredients but it took a wile to arrive, anyway I want to use yeast from guttman beer in Germany so I start by making a starter, very sanitized and whit no temperature shock, using two bottles (just the bottom) of guttman weizen beer but since I don't have DME I use vitamalz a malt drink from Germany that has also sacarose and other sugar bodied of course and them called down.
My question is should I use this stater to brew weizen (I love this taste of yeast) or should I throw it?
I have reader that I should just let the yeast floculate and use only that, an some one tell me what to do. I had bad experience before with me year old wyeast labs.yeast and don't hasn't to repeat the stupidity.
Thanks a lot.

azgael said:
Hello I new to home brew anyway as a challenge I start, just hope not to be disappointed on some of the first try's.

I have request from the Internet all ingredients but it took a wile to arrive, anyway I want to use yeast from guttman beer in Germany so I start by making a starter, very sanitized and whit no temperature shock, using two bottles (just the bottom) of guttman weizen beer but since I don't have DME I use vitamalz a malt drink from Germany that has also sacarose and other sugar bodied of course and them called down.
My question is should I use this stater to brew weizen (I love this taste of yeast) or should I throw it?
I have reader that I should just let the yeast floculate and use only that, an some one tell me what to do. I had bad experience before with me year old wyeast labs.yeast and don't hasn't to repeat the stupidity.
Thanks a lot.

Sorry for my English but writing from a tablet doesn't help.

If I read your question correctly, here is my answer:

You should put your starter in the refrigerator overnight and then throw away most of the liquid on top. Then, just use the yeast that was on the bottom to ferment your beer.

Latest posts

Back