Newbie from Northern Minnesota

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingupnorth

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been lurking on your site for a little while. Not sure how I got the site. My boss is a home brewer and got me started. I ordered a 'master kegging setup' from Midwest Brewer's and a kettle and burner from Northern Brewer here in Minnesota.

Just going to start with a couple malt extract recipes at first. I have a 4.6 freezer to convert to a keezer and looking for a cheap frig to set temps for fermenting both ales and lagers. Looks like a lot of fun!

I have done plenty of research but my question will be how to control the temp in my kreezer. I have seen a couple threads but have not found anything that was in a 'great detail' on how to modify the freezer's current systems wiring. I have seen basic stuff but it makes me afraid to go into the wiring, make changes, and plug into 110. If any of you have a link or search phrase to get me the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Gregg

Hello from a former Yooper - enjoyed spending a little time in N. Minnesota when I was a kid! :)

I'm just getting started myself - have a kit ready to bottle here soon!

Liz

Back