Greetings from Fort Worth, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CessnaDriver

Reaction score
I tried home brewing about five years ago and made two batches of malt extract kits. One came out "ok". Not great, but it wasn't bad. It was very bitter and nobody would drink it but me. The second kit I bought was a lager extract. I was told I should brew it and ferment it like an ale, which I did. No fermentation started and after 4-5 days, the store sold me a different ale yeast to try. The batch fermented and I bottled it as I was taught, but I was horrified that the beer tasted like cardboard, so I got frustrated and quit. I've always wanted to get back into and finally decided it's time.

This past weekend I brewed a very simple Hefe to get my confidence back. It's fermenting now and I am excited to brew my next batch already.

I had a German friend who lived in town that taught me the craft when I first started, but he moved away so am flying solo for now. :mug:

I tried home brewing about five years ago and made two batches of malt extract kits. One came out "ok". Not great, but it wasn't bad. :mug:
If I was going to judge by the outcome of my first brew, I would throw in the towel. It was OK but considering the price, I could buy better at the store and still have change.
I only have 6 brews so far and will be brewing three soon (only two buckets) but they are getting better every time. Don't give up.

I was about 1 gallon short on water with my first brew... that made for one REALLY strong IPA. My second brew was a Oatmeal stout minimash that I really didn't mash so well... that I ended up having to toss that because it was light as hell and never really carbonated. My 3rd brew (a Vanilla Oatmeal Stout) and my 4th (Belgin Whit Beer) turned out great! All that to say that eventually you get it, all but 1 of my batches were drinkable too!

Thanks for the encouragement gang!

I can't wait to bottle my batch from Sunday. I've been telling my neighbors about homebrew for the past four years so I know they are anxious as well. :tank:

Haya Cessna! Welcome to HomebrewTalk, from another FtWorth brewer!

Hope that Heffewizen turns out for you, I think you used the recipe I listed.

Sent you a PM about 2 things going on in Fort Worth that you should check out (both are free) in the next week!

I currently have the capacity to make 10gal batches, if you are interested in getting together and splitting some batches in the future, if you are looking for an experienced brewbuddy.

whats going on in Ft. Worth? I'm kind of right between Dallas and Ft. Worth so anything in either of those two areas I'm interested in.

Welcome fellow Fort Wort brewer. I got a couple AG batches needing to be brewed, you're welcome to join me. Just send me a PM if you're interested.

What's going on in town?

Back