Know of any good hi / low temperature thermometers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor

Reaction score
I want to put a thermometer into the closet(s) in which I expect to ferment my home brew. Years ago, a friend had a thermometer that showed current, high and low temperature.

Does anyone know of such animals, and if so, the make, model?

Thanks!

BTW: I've actually been thinking about building one of these, but never seem to get around to it. it should be pretty simple to make one.

-walker

I've got one in my humidor I got from Radio Shack for $19.95, I believe. Runs off a battery and monitors hi/lo temp as well as humidity, about the size of a small cellphone or calculator. I have another one that's similar, can't remember the make, but it also has a probe which I run out the window to measure outdoor temperature. Got it from Home Depot for ~$20, as well.

I use a cheap electronic indoor/outdoor model as well. It has min/max buttons and normally displays the current temps. I put the outdoor probe in well stirred ice water and found it was 1F high. Can't check it boiling water doesn't go that high, but don't really care, since I'll almost always be using it in the 32-75F range. The outdoor probe gets taped to the fermenter about 1/2 way down the side. Then I wrap a thick blanket around it.

Some day, I'll get a fermenting cabinet built.

Back